• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Why, Why, Why?

shortythorne

shortythorne
More often than not, when I read a post and attempt to go back to the main page of the Forum, it will go back to the MOA Home Page, then I have to click back onto the Forum :banghead. Does this really matter? NO, but it sure is annoying and a waste of my time. Is this an attempt to deter me from the forum?:blah Well, if so, I can tell you I am way more annoying than this :laugh. Can anyone tell me why this is now occurring (almost all the time)? Thanks.....Gail

If you want to go to the forum main page from this thread- touch or click on the forum button.

Were you coming from the MOA home page......to the forum and then hitting “back” on your browser?

OM

To return to the previous viewed page, click on your browser's back button. Other ways of navigating are shown below:
MOAForumHelp.jpg

I will typically follow "New Posts", click a particular thread and click on "New Posts" again. One could easily click "Forum" in the menu as well to return. Good Luck !

Gayle - I think you might want to use a Bookmark for the Forum. Here is the one I use: https://forums.bmwmoa.org By creating a bookmark in your browser (Chrome/Safari/Firefox), you'll be taken directly to the Forums without going to the "bmwmoa.org" website. You can then check out "New Posts" since your last visit or anything else on the Forums which you find of interest. If you use the "back" button on your browser, you'll still be in the Forums, since that's where you started. If you really want to go to the overall website, you can click on that too.

I hope this helps.

JG

Correct me if I am wrong Gail, but I don’t think your issue has been addressed. I understand you to say that the back button will not take you to the previous page, but takes you to the MOA home page. If I have it right, then it must be very frustrating.

Gail wrote:

when I read a post and attempt to go back to the main page of the Forum, it will go back to the MOA Home Page

That doesn't sound like she's using the back arrow feature to return to the main page of the forum. Besides, clicking on the back arrow will just keep reloading previously visited webpages.

The only way to get to the MOA Home Page from anywhere on the forum page is to click the link "bmwmoa.org". Even if you click on the picture at the top of the page, that takes you to the main forum page. That might be the easiest thing to do to return to the forum...click on the picture. :thumb

Gail wrote:

That doesn't sound like she's using the back arrow feature to return to the main page of the forum. Besides, clicking on the back arrow will just keep reloading previously visited webpages.

The only way to get to the MOA Home Page from anywhere on the forum page is to click the link "bmwmoa.org". Even if you click on the picture at the top of the page, that takes you to the main forum page. That might be the easiest thing to do to return to the forum...click on the picture. :thumb

Thanks to all who responded to my question :kiss. Clicking on the picture seems to work perfectly! Thanks again...Gail

Kevin is absolutely right - while clicking on the picture is certainly a viable alternative, the "Back" arrow should work too.

My guess is that Gail's PC is not properly storing the History information; might be worthwhile to explore the Tools \ Options settings. Which brings up the question: Gail, does the Back arrow work on other sites? If it does, then it's prob'ly not your PC...

Kevin is absolutely right - while clicking on the picture is certainly a viable alternative, the "Back" arrow should work too.

My guess is that Gail's PC is not properly storing the History information; might be worthwhile to explore the Tools \ Options settings. Which brings up the question: Gail, does the Back arrow work on other sites? If it does, then it's prob'ly not your PC...
Yes, the Back arrow does work on other sites. As long as I can get it to work by clicking on the picture, I'm good to go. Thanks!!

You might try going into the browser control settings, and Delete ALL of the cookies, site data, and history.
There is NO reason to save this junk; you can also set these to automatically be deleted when you close the browser.
Additionally, get into the Disk Cleanup feature, and delete all the crap that's accumulated in there too.
If you're PC-savvy, get into the various Application Data folders and you'll find even more useless crap that can safely deleted - careful there, though, some should be kept.

Yes, the Back arrow does work on other sites. As long as I can get it to work by clicking on the picture, I'm good to go. Thanks!!

If you have the forum set to “remember me”, specifically log out and go to forums.bmwmoa.org and log in.
A specific log-out should clear the “cookies” for this site.
OM

Back