• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally Sold my K75

tinytrains

Still plays with trains.
You would not believe how hard it is to sell a 1988 K75 in Los Angeles. I have been trying for 7 months and not a nibble. I hit all the online BMW sites. Dealers wanted nothing to do with it. I avoided Craig's List, that is scary here in LA. It is very clean with 73K miles on it for just $2500. I just could not give it away. Everyone here wants, cruisers, sport bikes, or GS's. Finally a friend of a friend wanted an old BWM and the deal was done. It was rather sad watching it drive away, I have owned it since it came out of its crate 30 years ago, but it needed to go. I still have my R1200R.

Just venting.
Scott

K75 Sale

If you decide you miss your K75 too much and need another one, I will be putting my K75S up for sale soon :)

That must have been hard to go through, Scott. You had that bike a long time, and lots of miles.

I don't remember an agony/wistful part when my K75S went away in 1997. I'd taken a demo ride on a demo R1100RSL over bad-pavement roads in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and just swooned at the Oilhead's Telelever front end. After that, I only looked forward.

They are good motorcycles for what the market prices them at. Here in Los Angeles, a ratty /5 might bring $5000.00, and a super clean k75 only $3000.00. I still think the k bikes might go up in value, they really are a solid, reliable bike. My $3000.00 k75.K75-015.jpgK-75_002.jpg

I got my 94 75S a while ago. Loved it....so much I bought another nice condition identical one as a spare "fully indexed parts inventory".

Then got a K1300S. Love it....but can't part with the K75S's. they are just too much fun and cost almost nothing to keep around.

Unfortunately, I have some serious health problems and I cannot really ride anything right now. Although I did take the K for a 3 mile spin before I sold it. I am hoping to get my strength back enough to get on R1200R again, but even that will have to go one day. Terribly sad.

Here is what I just sold.

Attachments

• K75 Front R.jpg
    K75 Front R.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 107
Unfortunately, I have some serious health problems and I cannot really ride anything right now. Although I did take the K for a 3 mile spin before I sold it. I am hoping to get my strength back enough to get on R1200R again, but even that will have to go one day. Terribly sad.

Sorry to hear about your challenges. I hope things improve for you.

Here is what I just sold.

Nice '88 C with lowseat option.:thumb
I hope it went to a good home.

:dance:dance:dance

For what it's worth, I don't think you are alone on several fronts. There are usually about 400 Harleys for sale at any one time on my local Craig's list during the summer months. They all look new.
But like others have said, the K75s are unique bikes, and really good quality. Someday they will be valued better. I can remember when airheads were considered pretty low value.

As for health problems, have you considered a scooter? They have a lot of advantages. Step through frame, no shifting involved. Excellent wind protection, quiet, smooth motors, and cheap tires. I've had a few of them and have always been impressed with how practical they are, and how pleasant they are to ride. Yes, everyone laughs, but so what? When gas was hitting $4.00 per gallon no one was laughing at them.

For what it's worth, I don't think you are alone on several fronts. There are usually about 400 Harleys for sale at any one time on my local Craig's list during the summer months. They all look new.
But like others have said, the K75s are unique bikes, and really good quality. Someday they will be valued better. I can remember when airheads were considered pretty low value.

As for health problems, have you considered a scooter? They have a lot of advantages. Step through frame, no shifting involved. Excellent wind protection, quiet, smooth motors, and cheap tires. I've had a few of them and have always been impressed with how practical they are, and how pleasant they are to ride. Yes, everyone laughs, but so what? When gas was hitting $4.00 per gallon no one was laughing at them.

I'd buy a scooter in a second if i could find a good deal on one, they'd be perfect for me to ride the 2 miles to the quickie mart for my adult refreshment . Problem is, in So Cal they come with a hefty price tag, i could buy another k75 for what scooters go for. Oh well, always looking for the next good deal Cheers.

The doctor I was talking to also rides, and he suggested a smaller bike as well. I am also now on blood thinners, so I have a lot to think about. It would really break my heart to sell my Roadster.

Scott

Back