• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Southeast PA

boxerrider

Hi all, new to this forum, but 35+ years of ridding experience. Long time bike owner (19 bikes so far), but only recently discovered the beauty of the RS. Had many oilheads before and currently a proud owner of a 2004 Boxercup Replica with 11,500 miles. I wanted a touring bike that I could take around the country without putting too many miles on the Boxercup. So, two years ago I bought a Triumph Sprint ST (1050) and kept it for 42 days before I traded it back for a 2008 K1200GT. I really like the K bike as it has everything I need (plenty of raw horsepower). It's comfortable, and has plenty of space in the large side cases. However, In town its very difficult to keep with the rpm, I am not a big guy so the weight is way more than I want to manage (650 lbs).

I've been looking at the RS for well over a year. So, this past October I took advantage of end of season sales and splurged on 2017 R1200RS with very little miles, and with all available options.

I now have three bikes in the garage and no weather to drive,....

Looking forward to the next season and hopefully meeting some of you during my long touring trips.

P.S. The K1200GT is for sale for any interested,..

Stephane

Welcome to the forum!
Bikes look great.....weather here and probably there, kinda iffy. If you received any of the storm we got, it's ice everywhere.

On the K1200, the Marketplace, accessed from above, is your best bet.
Gary

Welcome to the MOA boxerrider; those are two sweet looking rides! Post your experiences with your new RS and keep the shiny side up.

Back