• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 F650GS battery recommendations

One of those awful major life events, losing my wife--the woman whose enthusiasm got us into motorcycling--and for a long while now I forgot how to get happy and ride for a long while. The bike is fine; the battery is not. So, with apologies for a tired topic (I did search threads and stickies), what recommendations for replacing the stock BMW battery? Seems a pretty simple task--and will require a non-BMW trickle charger, too, right?

Thanks-- Tom

My absolute sincere condolences about the loss of your wife. I can't say for sure but if Odyssey has a fit for that bike go for it.

Otherwise, hey guys, pitch in here!!

No Odyssey options

Thanks in advance. I've found no current options among Odyssey batteries, according to their website.

Tom (#150069, Miami, FL)

Yuasa YTX14-BS

If it is the twin cylinder then Yuasa YTX14-BS. GREAT battery! I have one on both my F800's. You have to add the acid pack (supplied). Then wait about an hour. Install the cap. Fully charge battery. Then install it in the bike. These are usually food for 5-7 years if properly charged and used. Battery is SEALED after initial build and requires no maintenance.

If it is the single cylinder bike then Motobatt MB12U.

I can second the use of a Yuasa YTX14-BS. Its held up well through 3 winters in our f650GS(wife's bike). And adding a Battery Tender or another quality trickle charger will help its longevity.
We share your loss...

Back