• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

F850 Windscreen

Yammer

R1200RT Accept No Other
Hi All

So I seem to have fallen victim of a black friday sale and now own a shiny F850gs ralley. Is nice...cept it sits in me garage unridden as of yet due to the nasty winter plague we are currently under.

One big problem I have with it is the silly windscreen that it has.

I am looking for a replacement right away as it looks to be a waste of polymers at this point and could use some recommendations. So far I have found the Wunderlich ones to be not bad looking on the website. Can anyone advise of a screen that is semi decent. Do a lot of long trips... have an RT also so a bit spoilt in the weather protection on that. My other extreme is me 9T.... so I also know naked. Want something in the middle lol.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Oh....ya, my girlfriend just got a F750gs the other day at the bike show and really....what is the point of the bit of plastic they call a windscreen on that one. Need one for that bike too.........

I have the stock windscreen on my F700GS, and for fair weather riding I love it. There is absolutely no buffeting — It’s like riding without a shield in completely clean air, but without significant wind pressure on my torso, even at 90 mph. For wind management, you can’t beat it. Admittedly, it provides very little weather protection.

Thanks for the responses. Ended up going with the WRS. Definate improvement!

is that a Wunderlich screen? I only see the Marathon and the Extreme. Did your girlfriend get a screen for her 750 yet?

It also seems like Puig, MRA and Madstad now have screens fitted for the 850/750 on the market. I dont see that Givi has an airflow model.

cheers,
Ack

Hi Ack

It is is own brand out of Italy. https://www.wrs.it

It's not a bad size and looks good. I ordered and received it within a week. I got one for the 850 and the girlfriends 750. The 750 one comes with an adapter kit also. I've not installed it yet but looks like it may do the trick. I was also looking at the Wunderlich marathon.... But it was pricier......

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Nice! Thanks, looks like the Marathon is pretty close in size to the Puig and MRA. Did you get that one or the Touring model? I suppose you are still a few days/weeks away from being able to get out and give it a proper test. :bluduh

Windscreens are always such an individual fit, at the end of the day you just have to pay your money and take a chance. :1drink

F850GS Aftermarket windscreen

Hi
Agree with your comment RE OEM windscreen on 2019 F850GS.....Q? why bother? ( the rest of the bike is perfect!).
I just installed 18” , adjustable windscreen from MADSTAD ENGINEERING ($269 usd plus delivery and duty....about $400 Cdn). Comes with separate winglets that mount around turn indicators. Well engineered and quality product. Makes for great highway speed riding.

https://madstad.com/products/bmw-f750-850gs

Back