• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F800GS oil change kit(s)

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
The F800GS is due for service, so I’m going to get some supplies for when I have time. I was thinking a “kit” of sorts- so I did some looking on the web.
Bob’s advertises a kit which looked pretty good but there was a note-

BULLETIN: BMW 10W40 oil has been discontinued and is no longer available. Effective immediately, we are shipping Bel-Ray EXL 10W40 Oil* in this kit instead of the BMW oil shown. (See alternate photo.) The Bel-Ray product is a premium oil that is every bit equal to the quality of the BMW product.

Not that I think BMW refined their own branded oil but a change in branding such as that usually hits the forum.....unless I missed it :dunno

https://www.bobsbmw.com/store/produ...w40-change-kit-for-f800gsr-f700gs--650gs-twin

Anyone else hear of this? :ear

Anyone like to purchase a kit- oil, filter, washer when they do a service? I purchase a kit for the ATV when they are on sale and it seems to work out ok.

OM

As to oil, BMW no longer carries mineral based 20w50 which I use for the /7. They now have 15w50. It's probably not a big deal but I choose not to use that oil. Besides, I can get better oil from Spectro.

For the /7, I thought they used to have a kit...less the oil. Lately, though, I've had to buy the individual pieces...just have to remember the part numbers.

Oh, you said F800GS...never mind!! :stick

Anyone like to purchase a kit- oil, filter, washer when they do a service? I purchase a kit for the ATV when they are on sale and it seems to work out ok.

OM

Yep - BeemerBoneYard is my go-to for service "kits" - Discount for MOA members too :clap

euromotoelectrics.com sells oil filter, filter wrench and washer for the F-bikes.

For oil I use Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 Synthetic from Advanced Auto Parts.

/Guenther

Back