• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Saddles

Who has the best aftermarket saddles?

• Corbin

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Sargent

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Russell

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Bill Mayer Saddles

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Rick Mayer Cycle

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Rich's (Seattle)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I do not like the seat my K1200GT came with. Who has the best aftermarket? Corbin? Sargent?

I'm a big fan of Sargent, even though I have a Corbin on my S. The VFR and the RS have Sargents and I love them.

456736-M.jpg

I'll never buy anything but another Russell.. but....
Of your 2 listed choices, it's Sargent, hands down...

Corbin can kiss my
butwiggle.gif

Jerks...

Sargent is the way to go!

I have had my Sargent Worldsport seat since the Redmond rally and it totally kisses my A** with loving care!

I now have over 30,000+ or so miles logged on the thing and my buttocks have never felt better! Beats the hell out of the stock seat that came on my 2002 RT.

As for Corbin saddles, I had one on my old 96 RT and it was so-so. The seat rode stiff but my butt became used to it, eventually. My local club members thought I was nuts to ride on the thing and I must admit that after some "distance" riding my family jewels and the accompanying butt brothers would be howling for mercy!

I traded the old 96 RT on the new ride and no one wanted the Corbin. My dealer had to sell the bike with another saddle pirated from one of his inventoried models. Corbin has become quality and service deprived so stick with Sargent, or Bill Mayer saddles if you want to ride in comfort. Now, if only my RT would relinquish its hokey electrical problems, I may be able to add so more miles in the saddle! :dunno

Take care and keep the rubber side down!:burnout

Unless you've excluded Russell for a reason, you should add it to your list. I replace my stock F-650GS seat with a Russell and it's amazing.

I've gotta ask, what's everyone's beef with Corbin? I have not heard this before, not that I've done a lot of research on it.

Carl

Indifferent (at best) customer service. Seats that hold water in the foam when they get wet. Rock hard seats. Beautiful, but still rock hard. Seats that weigh a good deal more than the stock seat and don't fit as well. Seats that rub the paint off your bike.

Oh, it just goes on and on.....

dave

KBasa said:
Indifferent (at best) customer service. Seats that hold water in the foam when they get wet. Rock hard seats. Beautiful, but still rock hard. Seats that weigh a good deal more than the stock seat and don't fit as well. Seats that rub the paint off your bike.

Oh, it just goes on and on.....

dave

What he said.

If you're buying a seat for a garage ornament, they make some wonderful seats - hence they're popularity. But if you're going to Sit on the seat for more than a dozen miles at a stretch, Corbin is rarely the best choice.

Strangely, I'm getting very used to the stock seat on my GS. Who'd a thunk it. I had a Bill Mayer (the real one - the dad) on my old K-bike and was very pleased.

Sargent cradles butt

:bliss I really like my Sargent. The reasons I like it:

1) Feels good/comfortable:clap
2) Tool tube under passenger seat holds MOA Anon Book
3) Lowers the position so I can flat foot
4) Looks good
5) Not sore at all after four hours straight in the saddle <- Now 10 hours and 526 miles.
6) 30 day trial policy
7) Price was aggressive:bliss

Reasons Corbin will not be on my RT

1) Horrible customer service - presales
2) Really expensive
3) No trial policy:confused:
4) Really expensive:eek

My wife likes my Sargent so much she already wants one for her F650GSL, it does not even have 200 miles on it yet.

Last edited:
hollomon said:
I've gotta ask, what's everyone's beef with Corbin?

Back in 1992 I ordered a seat from them for my new R100GS. It took 4 months for it to show up. I was told 3 weeks. I started calling after a month and was consistantly lied to until it actually showed up.
Of course it showed up wrong and fit like crap to boot...
I called and they said it would be $100 and 3 months to fix it to what I had ordered.. I said screw that and kept it.
1000 miles later the seams started falling apart..

Lucky for me, the seat wasn't comfortable either.:uhoh

I contacted them time after time, including sending letters directly to Mike Corbin himself. Instead, I got replys from one of his brothers and was blown off.

Like I said before, Corbin can kiss my
butwiggle.gif
and I'll do anything needed to keep others from making the same mistake I did..

Corbin SUX

Long Live Russell!!!

Back