• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

membership

MTHelmet

MTHelmet
My wife and I have 3 digit membership numbers. 557 & 667.
I was wondering how many other 3 digit number members are still active. :banghead

George Unangst aka MTHelmet.

That brings up another question. How many had CB Radios on their bike, back in the day. :dance

My wife and I have 3 digit membership numbers. 557 & 667.
I was wondering how many other 3 digit number members are still active. :banghead

George Unangst aka MTHelmet.

That brings up another question. How many had CB Radios on their bike, back in the day. :dance

I have a 5 digit # from 1977. And yes, indeed, Voni and I had CB radios and wired speakers in our helmets. When she was a brand new rider she went first and set the pace and I pointed out any potential hazards I noticed from behind. Now over a million miles later she says she still hears that voice in her head when she sees certain circumstances, like a vehicle on a side road rapidly approaching and a stop appears not to be certain. :)

Last edited:
....That brings up another question. How many had CB Radios on their bike, back in the day. :dance
No CBs but I can tell you that meticulously highlighted map folded in half to show 250 miles of a 500 mile day on each side is totally useless when facing a major midwest storm front at 4:00 am. :)

CB was a lot of fun. Took me from tubes to transistors to LSI to SMT and being able to construct a reasonant antenna out of most anything metallic.
OM

If you had one what was your Handle?

Buffalo Chip.

No CB on bike but in my pickup. With a 5/8 wave antennae and 20ft of mast on top of a two-story house it would cross 18-20 miles of Dakota prairie and was used for business comms. Replaced by business band radio, and I guess that’s been largely replaced by cell phones. Time marches on, I guess.

Unless you’re an Airhead, of course. :D

Best,
DG

Back