• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nova Scotia/New Brunswick Lodging recommendations

Get this guide ! (The 2019 Edition)

http://www.motddorcycletourguidens.com/

I can’t believe there is so much information compiled and so inexpensive. The best bargain for any touring motorcyclist going to the Maritimes. They are less than $10 CND. Walmart online in the US wanted $20 +shipping last year.

My friend found (only) 1 copy in Sept in Digby at a pharmacy, Walmart or other retailer. Use the Visitor Centers. Visitor centers may have the Guide or call around locally for you. I think you can view it online but to me that’s a third of the Paperback experience. Just start searching now.

I’d plan on $75 to $100 a night maybe $US for motels and anything cheaper will allow you spend more if the need arises.

You’ll get plenty of help from MOA Members up there. Great folks ! It’s as easy a place to tour/poke around as anywhere I’ve been in the world. Just did 3 weeks last Fall (Sept) and as always it was “Wonderful”.
Don’t try and do it all unless you have the time. Prince Edward Is is a great place to forget the Maps and GPS and “Go forth with reckless abandon”. Not kidding either.

Charlie

Did it solo in 03. The previous tip about using the tourist centers is correct. July 4 week is busy in Halifax. Slow poking around is the way to go . expect showers, watch weather and plan museums etc. when raining.

Back