• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 Rally location ?

chuck3

OK; I'm in for Tennessee; what's the word from the folks in the know as to where the 2020 Rally is going to be located? Western Region I believe!

Thanks!

The Tenn. rally was announced at the April meeting.
I'm guessing the 2020 rally will be announced this spring at the May board meeting.

OK; I'm in for Tennessee; what's the word from the folks in the know as to where the 2020 Rally is going to be located? Western Region I believe!

Thanks!

Correct. Following the 2019 rally in Tennessee, the 2020 rally will be held in the Western Zone, with the 2021 rally being held in the Central Zone. The rally will return to the Eastern Zone in 2022.

RallySiteZones.jpg

Fargo

I'm certainly up for Fargo but it is in the wrong area. So I'll vote for Montana. Missoula, Butte, Bozeman?
Aw heck. It doesn't matter. I'm going anyway!

Hmmmm, out west and possibly in June..? If that happens Glenlivet and I would sidecar across the country to the May Getaway in Cambria CA (catching the SW in cooler months), then loiter on the west coast from Big Sur to the Straits of Juan de Fuca till it was time for the rally!

For future reference... Fargo, North Dakota was ranked 10th out of 150 cities that were evaluated for how well they are run.

But, it's still Fargo... In eastern ND.

Everyone knows the western side of the state is so much nicer. And since western ND doesn't have any venue capable of hosting a national rally, I'll settle for one anywhere in Montana.

:hide

But, it's still Fargo... In eastern ND.

Everyone knows the western side of the state is so much nicer.

:hide

Western ND was nice before the development of the Bakken shale oil and gas fields. There are still nice parts but a vast area is on my do not go there list.

Last edited:
The bakken, yep, funny you should mention that. I work in it, I play in it. In fact I was riding around in it today. Will I retire in it? Nope, for that I purchased some property in Spearfish, SD. :laugh

IMG_3408-X2.jpg

Back