Thread: New...again?

New...again?

Hello all, I'm rejoining the ranks of the BMW MOA. Several years ago I had a 2012 BMW RT, my first foray into BMW motorcycle ownership, and on Sunday, December the 30th I purchased a 2019 GS Adventure 1250. I've already had my first service done on the bike and looking forward to when the warmer weather returns but until then, I'll be enjoying it, albeit with heated gear on.

The bike has been great with the exception of a small oil weep from the camshaft position sensor or maybe an oil sensor on the bottom of the Left cylinder. If you're on ADV Rider, I have a post about it there already. Would appear to be an o ring that needs to be replaced. The bike came with Michelin Anakee Adventures and this is the first 80/20 tire I've ever ridden on. For me, grip has been excellent as I took it up Blood Mountain in N. GA and according to my Nav 6 at least, I've had the bike at a maximum lean of 48 degrees so far. I'm not sure what the lean angle of the bike is but that's got to be getting close. The camber of HWY 129 on Blood Mountain is pretty steep so that may be somewhat altering that number (?). I don't particularly care for how you feel the tread blocks of the tire (feels like ripples maybe) but that's it really.

I traded a 2014 Ducati Multistrada and I loved the bike but I wanted to get away from chain maintenance and get a longer fuel range. I'm a pretty aggressive rider so the BMW will take some learning but I think I've adjusted quite well so far. The suspension took some getting used to, and I'm still learning it but I have no regrets about selling my Multi for the GSA. What I'm giving up in handling b/w the Multi and GSA (which doesn't seem to be much) is worth it given all that the GSA offers.

Old:

New:

Welcome back and congrats on the new 1250.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT