• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Audio System Question

desmoderek

MotoDruid
With the Audio System on, and scrolling through the Source Menu (SRC) there is an option for Playlist. I have tried exporting an iTunes Playlist in unicode.txt , plain text, and all the other options (M3U, M3U8, XML) but none of them show up in the Playlist menu on the bike.

Does anyone know what format the system recognises?

I think a simpler way to handle the issue is to get a 16GB USB 2.0 (not 3.0) flash drive and plug it into the USB slot in the RH compartment. I've never noticed a "Playlist" option in the menus on my 2015RT. I use a program called "M3Unify" to create the USB files. It seems to work very well.

While this does not directly answer your question, I use a USB stick with lots of music on it in .mp3 format, and set it to play at random.

Because my music is sourced from all over the place, it can play back at different volumes, so I run a little program called "MP3Gain" over the files that evens up the output volume before I copy them to the bike's USB stick.

I use earbuds, rather than bluetooth helmet speakers, to listen to music. I use a USB drive with music, a small iPhone, an iPod, and SiriusXM to listen to music. I described my set-up under the K1600 section (as that is where the question first arose). The volume adjustment and song selection is done using the wobbly wheel on the left-hand side handle bar. A link to that discussion follows -

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?92034-beat-the-dead-horse-Blues-with-Blue-tooth

Back