• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post-Rally Ride - Lebanon, TN to Naperville, IL

ExGMan

When the Rally concludes on 6/16, I'm planning to ride north to Naperville, IL. Rather than take Interstates, I wonder if anyone could suggest a more interesting route? A quick look at a map shows that US45 would be a non-Interstate route, but maybe it wouldn't be much fun either. It does seem that the "Great River Road" would be scenic, but might be too far west. Any insights anyone has, I'd certainly appreciate.

TIA - John

Did you see this post in another Rally thread?

jgoertz said:
IMHO, US231 is one of the better-kept US hiway routes for motorcycles. I've ridden it from Pell City, AL all the way into northern IN, both ways. Great road, a little short on services in places, no m/c dealerships that I can remember (and certainly no BMW dealerships), and no trucks to speak of! You will go through quite a few small towns, and, if coming into KY on US231, you'll go very near Nicky Hayden's hometown -- Owensboro. IIRC, the biggest city you'll actually go through is Lebanon!

Have you been to Napperville before?
It's easier to come in from the west. If you ride in from the southeast you'll have a lot of congestion.

Lee, I was there eight years ago, but not on a motorcycle. I'm visiting with another MOA member in Staunton, IL. I've looked at the roads from Staunton to Naperville, and it looks like there are plenty of alternatives coming in from the west.

Back