Thread: K1600B Tail/Luggage Rack

K1600B Tail/Luggage Rack

I haven't been able to find a tail/luggage rack for my K1600B. Side cases are great, but I do tour using Wolfman or Kriega soft dry bags. Not happy using just the passenger section of the saddle as a platform. I have no desire for passenger back rest as I no longer ride 2 up. I have seen a few that members have fabricated themselves, but is not within my capabilities. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Janda
    2014 GSA
    2011 R1200R [sold]

K1600B luggage rack

I have also just got a K1600B and did find that Wunderlich America does have a back rest and luggage rack. I did purchase the back rest first as the whole combination is expensive and will get the luggage rack at a later date. Also, try Sargent Seats as they have a rear backrest that uses a rack off of the passenger hand rails to mount. The website does say that they will be releasing a rear rack shortly.

K1600b

Spoke to Dane at Sargent Monday about the "Platform" that is anticipated. It's an add on to the back rest mount, which is fine. He was very helpful but they have no anticipated plan for production at this point. I have no interest in the back rest but what they show on their website as the platform is what I'm looking for. I'll check out Wunderlich again.
    Janda
    2014 GSA
    2011 R1200R [sold]