• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Things to check as another new year rolls around

Age and condition of tires on everything:whistle...vehicles, trailers,RV's,work platforms like Mules,tractors, tillers and such. Replace them before the need so you are not surprised when you depend on them come Spring. It's amazing how quick tires degrade on seldom used equipment.

For those with them...septic system maintenance and well houses

Ride/walk that fenceline and fix the gaps:banghead

Change batteries in the smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms.

In the spring I change the 2032 batteries in bicycle computers, heated gear remote controllers and key fobs for the car and motorcycles.

I know I am an Airhead, but new models now come with smoke detectors and CO2 detectors that need to be checked and replaced every 10 years ?????? :scratch

Keeping it simple.....Gas in tank, air in tires, map in tank bag, money in pocket and maybe a destination in mind. Last item is optional. :thumb

Friedle

Another thing I do each January is copy new pictures, music, and important documents to a thumb drive, then store this in our safety deposit box at the bank.

I know I am an Airhead, but new models now come with smoke detectors and CO2 detectors that need to be checked and replaced every 10 years ?????? :scratch

Friedle
10 years is the lifespan now. All units are dated and are supposed to have a 10 year battery. If you heat with propane, you can get a detector for that as well. Hair spray uses propane as a delivery gas and will set a detector off.
OM

10 years is the lifespan now. All units are dated and are supposed to have a 10 year battery.

Ours have replaceable batteries but they still have a sticker on the back showing to replace the unit when it's 10 years old.

How about cleaning the fridge and toss the mayonaise and ketchup on the back of the shelf with the 2003 date on it:stick

Or that bottle of Bud with a born on date of 2007...prob tastes same so maybe not.

Yeah...and change the filter you forgot was there as well as those fuzzy coils underneath:whistle

Remove helmet liners and handwash them in Woolite. Amazing what comes out of them... yuck.

Clean riding boots and treat to condition and water with Nor-V-Gen.

Clean other riding gear.

Clean walk-in closet and prep six kitchen garbage bags of cloths to donate.

New Year

3DE6ADC4-417C-4746-9320-FB5F79A1B1A1.jpeg

My interpretation of above lyrics is
I am acquainted with all of the stuff you say I should change, and I am supposed to forgot and never brought to mind :wow

I was checking for spring.....as it's sort of here. The weather has turned a bit crappy with snow....and more on the way. Seems like the center and northern part of the country is going for record cold- in March :scratch
I wish the "weather personalities" would just give me as accurate forecast as they can instead of the old "we will know much more" next hour :banghead

At least this forecast was funny-

:)
OM

Back