• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowering a 2015 F 800 GT

baronk

After getting a Day Long seat for my bike I now have the problem of not being able to get my feet out and flat on the ground. Some advice for a solution has been to loosen the clamps securing the forks on the triple tree and lower the triple tree no more than 1 inch. I know this alters the factory geometry of the rake and trail and potentially the handling of the bike. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Baron.

After getting a Day Long seat for my bike I now have the problem of not being able to get my feet out and flat on the ground. Some advice for a solution has been to loosen the clamps securing the forks on the triple tree and lower the triple tree no more than 1 inch. I know this alters the factory geometry of the rake and trail and potentially the handling of the bike. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Baron.

The Day Long is wide but usually narrower at the front. Most folks slide forward to the narrow spot to put feet down at the stop.

Yes you can lower the bike. But you should lower both the front and back equally. Short rear shocks are available. What to do at the front depends on what model the bike is. I am not sure about the F800GT but think the forks can be raised in the triple clamps.

Lowering the bike then raises issues with both center stands and sidestands. Maybe your best bet is to have Russell reshape the seat a bit.

The Day Long is wide but usually narrower at the front. Most folks slide forward to the narrow spot to put feet down at the stop.

Yes you can lower the bike. But you should lower both the front and back equally. Short rear shocks are available. What to do at the front depends on what model the bike is. I am not sure about the F800GT but think the forks can be raised in the triple clamps.

Lowering the bike then raises issues with both center stands and sidestands. Maybe your best bet is to have Russell reshape the seat a bit.

Thanks Paul, from reviews of other RDL seat owners at the RDL site I see where that service is offered with the seat owner only paying for the to/from shipping. Shocks and stand mods certainly increase my total investment in having purchased an RDL seat, Baron.

HyperPro offers lowering kits for the F800GS that will lower the bike up to 50mm. It includes new springs for the front forks and shock. I do not know if they have a similar kit for your model. I suggest you contact Klaus at EPM Performance.

http://epmperf.com

HyperPro offers lowering kits for the F800GS that will lower the bike up to 50mm. It includes new springs for the front forks and shock. I do not know if they have a similar kit for your model. I suggest you contact Klaus at EPM Performance.

http://epmperf.com

Kevin thanks for the info. I went to the recc. site via the link you provided and they only have lowering kits for the f 650. Not yet for the f 800 so I will bookmark the site and check it out now and then. Thanks, Baron.

Back