Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New wind screen

New wind screen

Hi all, I’m looking for some suggestions for a larger/better windscreen for my 2014 1200GS then the OEM windscreen. I would like something that is a little taller and wider so that in cold weather riding I have less air hitting me on my 6ft frame. With the OEM wind screen all the way in the up position I still get hit in the upper 1/4 of my helmet.
    I appreciate any suggestion you should organize you could provide me.
    Thanks y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puig

Wind Junky,

I bought one of these for a 2014 GSA and have been very happy. I am tall as well and this provides great wind protection. No problems, reasonable and keeps the aesthetic of the bike.

https://www.motovationusa.com/puig-t...ture-6486.html

Best of luck,

Chris

I have a 2017 1200GS and ended up getting the ZTechnik Vstream. I am about 5'10", with the screen still having a couple of inches to go in the up direction. I have ridden the bike at temperatures as low as 10F with good wind protection. Perfect protection at temperatures of mid 20's F and above. Good luck with your search.

I love my AeroFlow.

IMHO worth checking out.
    Lee
    2017.5 R 1200 GSW

+1 on the Puig Touring screen. They also make a reinforcement for the lifting mechanism that adds a great deal of stability.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

I would add the Ztechnik Vstream as a good option as well
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

I run a Puig Screen on my 2016 RT and it's a significant improvement over the OEM screen.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    +1 on the Puig Touring screen. They also make a reinforcement for the lifting mechanism that adds a great deal of stability.
    I'm glad to know about this reinforcement. I bought a 2015 GS in October that came with both the Puig and the OEM shields. I'm 6'1" and ride with the Puig in the fully lowered position. It definitely offers more protection than the OEM shield, but I've sometimes been concerned about the amount of flex and stress in the mounting arms when the screen was being buffeted by a truck or cross-winds.

Did you get just the screen reinforcement, or did you also get the cross support?

If you're interested, PM me about my barely used ZTEchnik VStream. Std height, but a bit wider (search it on their website). Dark, looks great on a machine with black (like my 2016 Triple Black GS). I'm 5'10", and the airflow hits me just a tad low, putting my head into some turbulent air. Better than stock, but it was too noisy for me. Taller or shorter should be pretty nice.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by REDC650GT View Post
    Wind Junky,

I bought one of these for a 2014 GSA and have been very happy. I am tall as well and this provides great wind protection. No problems, reasonable and keeps the aesthetic of the bike.

https://www.motovationusa.com/puig-t...ture-6486.html

Best of luck,

Chris
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsimon9 View Post
    I have a 2017 1200GS and ended up getting the ZTechnik Vstream. I am about 5'10", with the screen still having a couple of inches to go in the up direction. I have ridden the bike at temperatures as low as 10F with good wind protection. Perfect protection at temperatures of mid 20's F and above. Good luck with your search.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LFarling View Post
    I love my AeroFlow.

IMHO worth checking out.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
    I run a Puig Screen on my 2016 RT and it's a significant improvement over the OEM screen.
    Thanks

I installed a smoke tinted Puig w/s on my 2013 R1200GS and really like it, I am 6'2" and have it in the lowest position.....works great. At the same time I also installed the dual w/s stabilizer from Cymar because I was getting tired of the w/s moving around at highway speeds.
    One of the “Quiet Professionals”

13 BMW R1200GS LC, 17 Ram EcoDiesel, 12 BMW 128iC (wife's).