• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New wind screen

windjunky

Hi all, I’m looking for some suggestions for a larger/better windscreen for my 2014 1200GS then the OEM windscreen. I would like something that is a little taller and wider so that in cold weather riding I have less air hitting me on my 6ft frame. With the OEM wind screen all the way in the up position I still get hit in the upper 1/4 of my helmet.
I appreciate any suggestion you should organize you could provide me.
Thanks y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 1200GS and ended up getting the ZTechnik Vstream. I am about 5'10", with the screen still having a couple of inches to go in the up direction. I have ridden the bike at temperatures as low as 10F with good wind protection. Perfect protection at temperatures of mid 20's F and above. Good luck with your search.

+1 on the Puig Touring screen. They also make a reinforcement for the lifting mechanism that adds a great deal of stability.

+1 on the Puig Touring screen. They also make a reinforcement for the lifting mechanism that adds a great deal of stability.

I'm glad to know about this reinforcement. I bought a 2015 GS in October that came with both the Puig and the OEM shields. I'm 6'1" and ride with the Puig in the fully lowered position. It definitely offers more protection than the OEM shield, but I've sometimes been concerned about the amount of flex and stress in the mounting arms when the screen was being buffeted by a truck or cross-winds.

Did you get just the screen reinforcement, or did you also get the cross support?

If you're interested, PM me about my barely used ZTEchnik VStream. Std height, but a bit wider (search it on their website). Dark, looks great on a machine with black (like my 2016 Triple Black GS). I'm 5'10", and the airflow hits me just a tad low, putting my head into some turbulent air. Better than stock, but it was too noisy for me. Taller or shorter should be pretty nice.

I have a 2017 1200GS and ended up getting the ZTechnik Vstream. I am about 5'10", with the screen still having a couple of inches to go in the up direction. I have ridden the bike at temperatures as low as 10F with good wind protection. Perfect protection at temperatures of mid 20's F and above. Good luck with your search.

Thanks

I installed a smoke tinted Puig w/s on my 2013 R1200GS and really like it, I am 6'2" and have it in the lowest position.....works great. At the same time I also installed the dual w/s stabilizer from Cymar because I was getting tired of the w/s moving around at highway speeds.

Windjunky, I just added this to my 2016 GSA. However, it appears to be about the same size, but you do get some adjustability at the top. I took it out on the interstate for the first time on my ride to work this morning at 30°-35° temps. I definitely notice a difference "up top"; it's quieter and offers a bit more protection than stock. Airflow coming off the sides (tends to hit me where the arms bend at the elbows) is about the same. I'm 5'11" and the windshield was up about halfway from the lower stops, if that helps any...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...en-windshield-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-2013-2018

Windjunky, I just added this to my 2016 GSA. However, it appears to be about the same size, but you do get some adjustability at the top. I took it out on the interstate for the first time on my ride to work this morning at 30°-35° temps. I definitely notice a difference "up top"; it's quieter and offers a bit more protection than stock. Airflow coming off the sides (tends to hit me where the arms bend at the elbows) is about the same. I'm 5'11" and the windshield was up about halfway from the lower stops, if that helps any...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...en-windshield-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-2013-2018

Thnx Beemermyke, I had one of these on my Tiger. I’m looking for something a little more, more height and width.
I do appreciate your input.

Back