• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to me 2015 RT!

jstrube

John.
After owning my 2005 RT for 10 years, I figured it was time to upgrade.

So, I found a nice used RT that was used by Eagle Rider with 60k miles for a great price, fully optioned.

The thing is, he didn't have the 2015 manual, I think I got a 2014 manual. The display functions seem a little off from the manual, or I do not have the patience to work through it. Any place I could go to get a new 2015 manual?

Also, this bike seems lower than my 2005, could have a low seat, I am going to get a new seat pretty soon anyway. I love the Sargent on my 05.

I am really confused by the wonder wheel, it pivots inward and outward... A super quick rundown might help. Next up, pair my stuff, buy a NAV unit and put another 60K on this great bike!

Only thing I need to check, and a photo would help, is to see if the windshield is going all the way down. It stops, but seems as if it should go lower.

Also, does the NAV somehow lock into the dash so it cannot be easily stolen? My 05 at least had a funky screw bit.

John.

So, I found a nice used RT that was used by Eagle Rider with 60k miles for a great price, fully optioned.

The thing is, he didn't have the 2015 manual, I think I got a 2014 manual. The display functions seem a little off from the manual, or I do not have the patience to work through it. Any place I could go to get a new 2015 manual?

Also, this bike seems lower than my 2005, could have a low seat, I am going to get a new seat pretty soon anyway. I love the Sargent on my 05.

I am really confused by the wonder wheel, it pivots inward and outward... A super quick rundown might help. Next up, pair my stuff, buy a NAV unit and put another 60K on this great bike!

Only thing I need to check, and a photo would help, is to see if the windshield is going all the way down. It stops, but seems as if it should go lower.

Also, does the NAV somehow lock into the dash so it cannot be easily stolen? My 05 at least had a funky screw bit.

John.

I had a 2005 RT once. Rode it all over the U.S.

A BMW dealer should be able to get you the 2015 manual. A dealer should be able to tell you if your windshield is working right. The Nav does not lock on on the 2014 and later RTs. If you leave the bike, take it with you.

It took me a while to get used to the wonder wheel. Now I am used to it.

I had a 2005 RT once. Rode it all over the U.S.

A BMW dealer should be able to get you the 2015 manual. A dealer should be able to tell you if your windshield is working right. The Nav does not lock on on the 2014 and later RTs. If you leave the bike, take it with you.

It took me a while to get used to the wonder wheel. Now I am used to it.

To add to BMWDEAN list:

You'll find your manual here http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/...cessories_manuals/manuals_main.html&notrack=1

The wethead has a lower seat 31.7-32.5 inches, you may also check to see if the bike is equipped with the low seat option 29.9-30.7 inches.

Jay

John.

The seat has a high and low adjustment. Lift the seat, turn it over and you'll see how to make the adjustment.

Congrats on your new scoot!

John - Looks like you're getting some assistance with the new bike. You should be able to DL and read the 2015 manual.

I don't want to turn this into a windshield thread, but there are many alternatives, both OEM and aftermarket. BMW started making a "Low" windshield (part #46 63 8562239) for the bike in, I think, 2017. Oddly enough, the piece costs more than the original size. I suppose it depends on the weather you'd expect to encounter. I'd take a photo, but I replaced my OEM with a normal size V-Stream. The photo wouldn't do much to help. With the V-Stream even when it's cold (upper 30s) I leave it in the lowest position. That said, I'd still prefer more summer ventilation.

All in all, it must be a big change from the 2005 version. Have fun!

I really like my 15RT
As far as windshield’s go check out Werks Quite Ride, after riding in heavy rain I switched, went from getting drenched to almost dry
My RT buddies have all switched, Werks gets ***** from me

Jim

You guys sure are helpful!

I have a new iPad, so I think the .pdf manual will suite me just fine.

Too bad they did not provide a locking solution for the NAV. I was hoping I just missed something.

So far, the windscreen seems pretty quiet. This bike is amazing, I just need to learn that dang wheel! haha!

I solved the nav security issue when I bought my 15RT
It works until you get a committed thief, then nothing works
I removed windshield and drilled a small hole in push button near the glare shield, then screwed a stainless sheet metal screw in(button won’t move with screw in)
Reinstalled windshield. With windshield in parked position there is no room to access screw head, i’ve Parked in some pretty crappy areas at times and nav is still there
Again if some miscrete really wants it, no matter where it’s on bike they will get it

Jij

Back