Thread: Riding BC to the MOA Rally 2019 Lebanon Tennessee

Riding BC to the MOA Rally 2019 Lebanon Tennessee

Is there anybody thinking of going to the 2019 MOA Rally? I live in West Kelowna British Columbia and would like to go. It would be great to meet up with some people that are going. It doesn't have to be a structured trip in fact I would prefer it wasn't but I'm open to anything. I'm retired and have an open agenda. It's never to early to start dreaming!

Leon
    Last edited by leon.scott; 12-25-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    Leon
    Kelowna BC Canada
    2013 BMW R1200RT

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Hi Leon, I'll add a bit to your title so as it won't become a thread about the rally
    Have a safe trip.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

You have a local club, right in Kelowna. Post a request on their website. I'm sure some of the members are going.
    valleybmwriders.com
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

I rode through your area after the Montana Rally in 2015, with Pat Horan on the GS Trophy ReRide. What beautiful country.

Due south of you is another set of roads I took on my way back to Atlanta from Salem, OR.

Check out The Blue Mountain Scenic Byway... one of the best touring roads no one knows about.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Lightbulb

Hi Leon; don't think of the trip as "dreaming"... make it a plan! Being retired, consider a MOA Club Rally both coming and going for your long distance travel.
    Use them as a "reliever" for the distance travel/exposure... as rest and relaxation.
    I believe Iowa's Pure Stodge is the weekend before the National... and I'm betting you could find another for the weekend on your return travels.
    Don't be late to TN... consider showing up early to be a set-up volunteer.
    Enjoy the ride & camaraderie.

"travel'n" john

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    I believe Iowa's Pure Stodge is the weekend before the National... and I'm betting you could find another for the weekend on your return travels.
    The Minnesota Club - Hiawatha Rally is 5/31-6/2 and is always a good time too
    Current: 2007 BMW R1200RT
    Former: 1995 BMW K75S, 2009 BMW G650GS
    MOA Member #:150400, IBA#: 37558

Quote Originally Posted by leon.scott View Post
    Is there anybody thinking of going to the 2019 MOA Rally? I live in West Kelowna British Columbia and would like to go. It would be great to meet up with some people that are going. It doesn't have to be a structured trip in fact I would prefer it wasn't but I'm open to anything. I'm retired and have an open agenda. It's never to early to start dreaming!
    Leon
    Hey Leon,
    Eric here in Seattle. I will be headed down there too but would like to get there early to help out with the Rally setup, etc.
    My agenda is to enjoy the trip down there.
    gone.