• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

100 years & Harley Davidson

This image needs to be transferred over to the discussion about pipe laws.
Can any of you high tech dudes handle that one?

I-94 Racine, Wisconsin

That looks like a picture taken by a couple of WI BMW Club members. See www.wiscbmwclub.com.

Just two short weeks until the HD 100th - please send lots of positive thoughts towards Milwaukee. It's hard enough being a Beemer rider here but with 20,000 of them in town I have a feeling that it is going to a be a VERY long weekend indeed.

:cry

Here in Reno, NV on Sept 24 - 28 we will have
Street Vibrations. Now that is only about 4,000+ but it still is annoying. Last year the BMW truck was downtown.

Hey, I get another STAFF tshirt to add to the Iron Butt Rally staff tshirt I got last weekend!

Received via email today:

Montana Harley-DavidsonÔÇÖs Ride Home Party
August 20th, 2003
The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula

On August 20th, thousands of riders from all over the world will be in Missoula, the third stop on the northwest route of Harley-DavidsonÔÇÖs 100th Year Anniversary Ride Home. Montana Harley-DavidsonÔÇÖs Ride Home Party will start at 2pm, August 20th, and last all night. The Ride Home Party has no admission charge.

The event is scheduled to begin around 2 pm, although staff will be on hand well in advance to welcome early attendees. The daytime activities will be minimal, allowing attendees to sign up for events & contests. Starting around 5 pm, the first of four bands will play.
1. Joyce Hurley ÔÇô Sweden ÔÇô Jazz
2. The Andrea Harsell Experiment ÔÇô Local ÔÇô Rock
3. Shine ÔÇô Vancouver, B.C. ÔÇô Rock
4. The Moon Gypsies ÔÇô Madison, WI - Rock

The event 100 years in the making: Montana Harley-DavidsonÔÇÖs Ride Home Party. It is our goal to make this event as safe and entertaining as possible, as we want to leave a lasting impression on thousands of people making their first trip to Missoula.

I've been told to expect 20,000. Well, the stage 1 air quality and the ash falling from the sky ought to leave a lasting impression. The view from my house is down to Fort Missoula. Well, usually...

Attachments

• fort.jpg
    fort.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 469
Billboard (excellent!)

I'd like a couple of angles & a location to believe it's real. Otherwise, somebody can REALLY fly Photoshop, killer work; font angle seems to match board edges etc.

real billboard

Yeh it's the real thing I took the pix that is on the Wisconsin BMW Club web site. My wife spotted it first from the seat of her R1100R and I took our camera back after teaching a BRC at Milw Area Tech College. I best I can do for location is tell you that it is on the east side of I-94 about a half mile south of 7 mile road in Racine county Wisconsin. I hate to get too specific as it may become the target of the loud pipe group.

Pix, get'em while the boards' standing

Thanks, Jim for getting location back to me so soon. I have a friend in Milwaukee (rides a K75) who's good with a camera. I GOTTA get him to score good 35MM shots before much longer! The BIG ride-in is THIS weekend! I think there may be a line to burn the billboard, given the 1%ers out there.
TNX again, <<<)))

It's pretty wild here in Milwaukee folks - street fests, snarled traffic, and lots of quality people-watching. Why, I even saw one rider wearing a high-vis vest....crazy! I thought you might enjoy some pictures so that you can see what you're missing.

I'm going to resist the urge to put captions....:brow

Attachments

• mir082803.jpg
    mir082803.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 165
Back