• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New From Colorado

amadison

Recently changed residency to Colorado, after almost 40 years from the last time I lived here. Commuting on the plains will definitely el-sucko from the traffic, but definitely looking forward to hitting the roads in the foothills and mountains. Bought my current two wheeler (see sig) new in 2016. I'm kinda old school, and thought some of the RR's features, like the heated grips belong only a cruiser, like a Honda Goldwing, or cough, H-D. But I rode in cold weather and only had my summer gloves. Ooh. Could still get good feedback from the handle bars, but not freezing my fingers off. I'm a believer.

Welcome. There certainly are lots of great places to ride in Colorado - mostly west of I-25. There are at least two local chartered clubstoo. Where are you in Colorado?

Welcome to the forum! Always happy to see another plains rider, although I have to ride a little further than you in order to get to the mountains.

Good luck.

Amadison - Welcome to the forum! The RR should provide some great fun in the twisties and miles of smiles. Heated grips should be standard on all bikes; I have used mine in Arizona and was happy my bike had them.

Welcome. There certainly are lots of great places to ride in Colorado - mostly west of I-25. There are at least two local chartered clubstoo. Where are you in Colorado?

I am in Longmont. At the time I originally posted, I was commuting to Boulder/Arapahoe Ave and intimidated by two-wheeling on the Diagonal highway (at least with not being able to flat foot on stops). I've fixed my inseam issues with 'tall heeled' boots and increasing the shifter clearance. With changing jobs (I'm a high-tech contractor right now) and commuting up I-25 to Fort Collins. After the nightmare that's I-25, the Diagonal Highway no longer scares me.

Back