• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dec Ride

bobsguns

Got up to almost 60 deg F Mon & Tues. A little bit of leather & I was GTG for a nice extended ride. I get more than a few looks when I ride in Dec & Jan but what can I say. Love to ride year round when it's dry & above 40 deg.

Ride safely! :wave

Attachments

• DSC_4193.JPG
    DSC_4193.JPG
    377.4 KB · Views: 190
Deciduous trees with just a hint of dropping leaves. Here in Oregon pavement adjacent to the fog line is turning green with moss and leaves are now slime on the shoulders.

Great looking bike and nice countryside you have.
Best

Thank you!

I moved to SE TN 2 years ago but have been coming here to visit relatives for all of my 60 years. Just incredible riding here. Not a lot of traffic, thank goodness. I do avoid the Dragon Tail as much as I can though.

I do love this bike like I couldn't imagine when I traded for it. I turned in my 2009 K1300GT that was simply a rocket on two wheels. However, it seemed to lack some ability in the twisties. Now that I have a boxer, I can corner on what feels like being on rails. I am (at best) an intermediate level rider, so this is a huge thing for me.

I now firmly believe that when one dies & goes to heaven, they get to ride a boxer of some sort. :thumb

Ah, winter in the South! Love it!

A balmy 50 deg yesterday & rode 150 miles to deliver a Christmas present. Left at dusk, so things did get a wee bit chilly on the way home. Used my hand grip heaters for the first time on this bike. I can tell that the "high" setting WILL make them too hot to touch!

Going out again shortly for another short ride & eat with a cousin. Close to 50 deg again today. You Yankees can keep that winter weather! LOL!

Ride safely!

Cloudy and threatening skies yesterday but near 60f in OH. A full 7 hours of 2 lanes In Dec! Good gear and a little seat and grip heat made watching river traffic and migrating birds along the river a great day. Global warmth? or just taking advantage of the chance it was great fun on the RT.

It was sunny and in the 40's on 12/25. Roads were clean and dry in our town in Southern Maine. So, took my son two-up for his first ride ever. We had a blast. He's previously expressed some interest in getting his endorsement. Maybe the ride sealed the deal!

Bobsguns - You must be down near Chattanooga I'd guess. Please advise where that gorgeous waterfall is located. I expect be through your area in June on my way to Lebanon for the rally. Have a fine Winter!

I'm in Pittsburgh, and I got out several times this December. We hit the mid-40's to low 50's, and if it is dry I go.

The problem here this year has been rain, not temperature. This past year was the wettest year in history in Pittsburgh. We have touched the 60's ... but always with rain. One has to catch the day after the rain and high temps, before the cold settles back in.

The good news is no salt on the roads yet.

Back