• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Crash Bars

Hello All, I am looking at adding crash bars and highway pegs to my 2015 RT. Both Wunderlich and Ilium works, seem functional.
There are mixed reviews on the crash bars and highway pegs . Could someone please chime in with comment on their experience with either of these
two products? If any other products that are a quality product, please share with me.

Hello All, I am looking at adding crash bars and highway pegs to my 2015 RT. Both Wunderlich and Ilium works, seem functional.
There are mixed reviews on the crash bars and highway pegs . Could someone please chime in with comment on their experience with either of these
two products? If any other products that are a quality product, please share with me.

I have the Illium Works crash bars and rear crash bars. They were easy to install with a good set of instructions. The reason I chose them is because the Wunderlich rear bars look as though they would interfere with passenger comfort. I installed a set of highway pegs on the front but seldom use them. They are a very good quality product. John is very easy to get in touch with and service is fast.

Tip-Over Bars

This is what I call my Ilium "protection" bars front and rear. My bike has tipped over twice (on soft grass and parking lot while loading my pillion " I'm not ready yet" lol). Both times, the bike just rolled right up on the bars with nothing else touched.

I have the Ilium works front engine guards with their highway pegs on my 2016 R1200RT. One of the best additions that I have on my bike. Their handle bar risers are essential IMHO too for riding comfort!

There are many studies linking crashes and bars. :scratch One out of two people who died on a motorcycle had drugs, alcohol or both in their system.

Oh wait, this is about tip over protection braces? My bad. Never mind. :dunno

Friedle

I have the Ilium works front engine guards with their highway pegs on my 2016 R1200RT. One of the best additions that I have on my bike. Their handle bar risers are essential IMHO too for riding comfort!

I am considering these Ilium's for a 2014 RT. I really prefer a "peg" to a floorboard. Do theses pegs snap back into a "feathered" position when not in use>. Do they have a spring load or is it necessary to use your foot to push them all the way into the unused position? Any pics appreciated.

I have the Ilium engine bars and foot pegs on my '18 RT. They fit well and install easily. The foot pegs will stay either folded in or out, you need to fold them back with your foot if you want them out of the way.

Back