• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Guy from the desert

Danl

Greetings Folks,

Just a shout out from a new Old Guy. That should set me apart in this group. Old Guy..........right! .....Next!

I have a small restoration/paint shop in Tucson,AZ. A lifelong passion in doing restorations is now a second life after retirement. Dealing primarily in European bikes, I'm seriously afflicted with the Teutonic Plague. Have been a lover of the Blue/White marquis for many years. And doing special projects for our local BMW dealer, Iron Horse BMW, has been a real privilege.

I have also have the pleasure of being a member and one of the sponsors for the MOA sanctioned club #213 in So. Az.
www.seatrider.org .

A few years ago a kid out of Las Vegas, showed real potential as AMA Pro rider #10.Chris Perris. Standing too close to the owner of the dealership while staring at a new S1000RR, will get you sucked into a small racing sponsorship in said RR. It was great to work with Iron Horse BMW for their first racing season.

So you might say that we're 'all in' for BMW.

My love of '85 K100RSs has become somewhat of an obsession. Being new to the forum, I hope we can share some of the secrets we've found of the Mysterious Flying Brick. That's why Jack Rippe has a Secret K Club, of which I am a member.....and I've got the shirt to prove it....... The mystery of it all.

We'll figure it out.

Dan'l

Welcome to the forum Dan'l. Being in love with the BMW marquis won't get you any extra points on this forum, it seems to be the ante to get into the game.

Good luck.

Welcome

Welcome sir. Enjoy your membership. You have found the forums. The best advice I can give a new enthusiastic member like yourself is to take that deep dive on the website; there is a lot information buried in those pages, use it, maximize your benefits to include the most valuable benefit, being engaged. Find an event and try to go to at least one this year, whether a getaway or national.

Welcome to the forum Dan'l! I bought my current RT from Iron Horse; great dealer. Do you do paint repairs? We lost our local custom painter who was happy to do small repairs and custom painting. Keep us updated on your work and experiences, especially the RR racing team.

R90S and some others

Welcome to the forum!
It would be nice to see a picture of your work(s).
Gary

1202101508a (2).jpg

DSC01216.JPG

1977 RS I believe it's one of 260 made that year with the matte finish. I cut up 2 sets of bodywork to make one. These were fiberglass. We did this for Iron Horse.

DSC06849.JPG

n600577056_1440292_5044.jpg

On the IHM showroom floor.

DSC01962 (2).JPG
One of a kind.

72506_442878045884_547520884_5389143_4684807_n.jpg

60171_1645285812565_1249477781_1837279_7944738_n.jpg

57904_154370304590406_100000523128898_380130_2527319_n.jpg
Chris Perris's S1000RR on display in the lobby of BMW NA HQ.

168885_184861768207926_100000523128898_580327_7526342_n.jpg
Running at the Macau Invitational

Chips

Welcome to the forum Dan'l. Being in love with the BMW marquis won't get you any extra points on this forum, it seems to be the ante to get into the game.

Good luck.

I have a pile of Beemer chips........deal me in!

Last edited:
Rides

Or even a local club's rally, supper ride, monthly meeting or so many other ways to become involved...…….God bless....Dennis

Dennis
I've been doing Beemer rides and Club events for years. I'm one of many sponsors of seatrider.org MOA club # 213 here in So Az. One of my escapes in the summer heat here is to head to Colorado to ride and visit friends. The 100,000 ft ride is a favorite. Paonia and parts north are good also.
DSC08944.JPG

DSC08931.JPG
While most in the country are now putting the bikes up for the winter, this is our best ride season. So to get to ride year round is pure pleasure.

DSC00844.JPG

DSC00851.JPG

DSC00858.JPG
And you can never have enough bikes!

And with the GT added last week, I see lotsa miles this winter.

I have a small restoration/paint shop in Tucson,AZ.

What area of Tucson are you in and do you do contract work?

I have also have the pleasure of being a member and one of the sponsors for the MOA sanctioned club #213 in So. Az.

Are you planning on doing the Death Valley ride next month? It looks like we have a lot of SEAT members signed up already.

- Sam

Hey Geek

What area of Tucson are you in and do you do contract work?

Are you planning on doing the Death Valley ride next month? It looks like we have a lot of SEAT members signed up already.

- Sam

I'm in the far NE. Base of Mt. Lemon. You can get my contact info on seatrider.org. Look at the vendors page. Give me a call.

As to Death Valley.......not this year.

Back