• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking at this - 1200S with Hack

A bit of a hike from my place so I'll be giving it a pass this year. Perhaps the next time its somewhere central - like Oregon or California? :D

I hate riding the flat and straight stuff.

I think if I lived in your neck of the woodz, I'd feel the same way, but with that being said, isn't coming out east for a few pints worth the ride? :beer

So, don't shoot the messenger, but yesterday the continental US high temperature was reported from Rio Grand Village in Big Bend National Park, just down the road from our house. Having just written this I am sure we will next be nailed by cold like we had a few year ago when it didn't get over 8F for 3 days and everybody I knew had frozen pipes and 1/2 and 3/4 inch plumbing fittings could not be found within 400 miles of here due to everybody needing some. Carry on. :)

For those that live in colder areas and run the risk of having pipes freeze to the point of splitting or the joint pushing apart, I can recommend having some SharkBite fittings around- https://www.sharkbite.com
If you need major work, you can rent a Pro-Press at plumbing supply stores- https://www.viega.us/en/products/innovations/tools.html
If you have a chance- or need to do plumbing work, both of these solutions will have you smiling :) as it is so easy and safe (no exposed flame).
OM

So, don't shoot the messenger, but yesterday the continental US high temperature was reported from Rio Grand Village in Big Bend National Park, just down the road from our house...

89. Wow. And you're in for more if it; your pipes are safe.

We've had the longest cold snap since '98, but were coming out of it now; a nice little pre spring present.

Last edited:
Back