• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Garmin Map Update - 12/11/2018

exgman

Garmin has posted a map update of 5.3 GB (on the Mac) to map version 2019.30.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 8.51.21 AM.png

Thanks! Hopefully a few real fixes are included such as my favorite Mexican restaurant not being placed where it has been for many years....:uhoh

Glad to help. With 5.3GB there must be more than a few fixes to be made. I certainly agree about a good Mexican restaurant. We don't want a single one of those misplaced!

But the OP says Mac.

Who knows... after all, it's Garmin! :ha

I thought maybe you had a Windows computer like I do.

I've noticed in the past when John announces a Map update I may not have one available or it was available earlier.
Also when he announces a Garmin Express update for his Mac, I may not get a update for my Windows computer.

I run a Mac with parallels so I also run Microbrain Windoze and I am always amazed at how slow a PC starts up in the AM compared to the Mac.
My laptop is 8 years old and runs circles around our office PC's.. I do recognize that both systems have their pro's and con's so I'm not an Apple groupie by any means..:rofl

I finally had time to DL the update and install it tonight (12/15). DL and install took 15 minutes. I don't know of any changes, but it was supposed to include 5.3GB of new stuff. We'll see...or maybe not.

I run a Mac with parallels so I also run Microbrain Windoze and I am always amazed at how slow a PC starts up in the AM compared to the Mac.
My laptop is 8 years old and runs circles around our office PC's.. I do recognize that both systems have their pro's and con's so I'm not an Apple groupie by any means..:rofl

It depends on the PC, I have had laptops that took what seemed like minutes to boot up, and the one I have now takes maybe 15 seconds.

My laptop at work is slow, then once I get it fired up I need to log on to our network, then into our server. I have timed it, best time to date? 6 minutes!

Best investment for slow booting PCs is an SSD boot drive if you still run HDD spinning rust to boot from. Can cut that 6 minute boot down to 30 seconds. I just recently added one to my 10 year old HTPC for $50 and it boots as fast as my iPad Pro now.

Back