• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dyna Beads or weights?

Tube Type Beads

Could one use birdshot in tube type tires for balance beads should work as well as the things in tubeless tires, think #8 shot would fit through valve stems not sure if I should use lead shot or steel shot.:)

To bad Centramatics doesn't make wheel balancers for a BMW. Had them on a GW and a 3 Victorys. They work well. It was pretty common to get 20K out of a set of tires without the normal cupping.

Had to search to see what you were describing. Not a lot of technical info on their site and reviews are like dynabeads on some rider forums...you either love them or not. If either works over weights for you, go for it.

Yeah, same balancing concept except the Centramatic has its own raceway for the media to run in while a media-only solution (liquid, beads, etc) uses the tire as the raceway.

Centramatic does make a product for Gold Wing, I think.

Beads

Yes we have had our fun, I have tried them and do not hate them or love them. I do know I was charged $10 for them and have not been charged in past for wheel weights.

Anyone know of a motorcycle, car, or truck manufacturer that balances with "beads" at the factory?

Anyone know of a race team using beads?

Anyone know of a tire manufacturer testing/proving a new design while balanced with beads?

There's no such thing as a free lunch and automotive maintenance requires tools.

Anyone know of a motorcycle, car, or truck manufacturer that balances with "beads" at the factory?

Anyone know of a race team using beads?

Anyone know of a tire manufacturer testing/proving a new design while balanced with beads?

There's no such thing as a free lunch and automotive maintenance requires tools.

Is this the last words on this? Well, I suppose we could talk about how far beads will take you on bald tires.

Might be a good time to point out a very valuable vBulletin feature: Ignore User.

Click the user's name in the avatar for any post of theirs.
Choose "View Profile"
Click "Add to Ignore List"

Voila... your thread reading will no longer be polluted with that person's posts. I make liberal use of this feature, especially over on ADVRider. Doesn't mean I don't like you; just means I'd rather read without having to read your posts.

You can view your ignore list via the Settings item that is in the upper right any time you are logged in.

Back