• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania -- July 12-14, 2019

I contacted the Hotel directly by telephone and made the reservation! :wave Excellent rate get by the MOA. I think since the event is a long way off in time the reservation staff are not quite familiar with the deal. Even though I mentioned the BMWMOA event and the dates the young woman on the telephone kept giving me room rates in the $200/night range until I made it very clear that I wanted the BMWMOA event rate for those dates and also mentioned the indicated "From $129/night" as posted. Then she says, "Oh, OK" and away we go. Rate includes breakfast (per the woman at the reservation phone #) and no "$21.20/ night "Resort Fee" as listed on the hotel web site.

Looking forward to this first time attendance at a MOA event/getaway. :dance Now I just need to go register for the event but will do that in January when I can be more certain that my court schedule is not likely to end up with the event weekend smack in the middle of a trial. Woo Hoo!

Well you have had better luck then I have, tired calling reservations, they have no information on the BMWMOA getaway, tried calling the hotel directly, they have no information on the getaway, did get finally get transferred to the event
sales office but they are not in today. :scratch

Will try to sent e-mail to the event director to see where to go from here.

Update

The information on the BMW MOA Getaway is now loaded into the hotels main reservations system, I received a call from the hotel to let me know this had been completed.

Booked the room, $129.00 per/night, great rate as mentioned and no resort fee!

See you at the Getaway.

Randy & Rina

Great news. FWIW I received a confirmation email immediately after making the reservation and then received another email from the resort about a week later. The second email listed a resort fee (but no other dollar amount information) but on contacting the resort they confirmed no fee with out group. So if you see that second email it's apparently an auto-send message with generic information in addition to your date specific info. Randy, where are you located?

I received the e-mail confirmation as well, listed the resort fee but was told it will not be charged for our group event.

Located In Calgary Alberta Canada.

Randy

If he's still alive by then, Jack Riepe will be joining us on Friday night for a podcast discussion. Hope to see you all there.

Back