• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Coeur d' Alene, Idaho - May 10-12, 2019

Spring has sprung,,,, sorta

Good morning riders, Spring here in the Rockies! I did manage about a 40 mile ride this week as temps soared in the upper 40s! Hey, just wondering if any riders are heading to the Coeur D Alene getaway in May traveling from Col or Wy or elsewhere,,,,, I live near Cody, Wy and will be leaving Wed morning heading thru Yellowstone and staying at Lolo Hot Springs Wed nite. Then CDL arrival Thurs aft. ( My wife is flying up Thur nite due to the darn day job). If anyone want to ride along, just give a shout,,, Pete

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho - May 10-12, 2019

Good Day all heading to Idaho.

As I sit here watching the snow come down my wife and I will be trailering our bike down for this getaway. Can someone with local knowledge advise where I can park my 4Runner and bike trailer for 3-4 days while we are there? It does not appear that the resort has an outside parking lot.

Thanks

Neil

Looking forward to the 2019 Coeur D’Alene MOA Getaway

My wife and I attended this event last year for the first time and we are really looking forward to getting over to Couer d’Alene Getaway 12-14 May. We met some wonderful people at the dinners and enjoyed going for a ride on Saturday to see a bit of Idaho.

Great way for us to kick off the riding season and meet some wonderful people in a beautiful area.

Safe travels to everyone.

JC

Good Day all heading to Idaho.

As I sit here watching the snow come down my wife and I will be trailering our bike down for this getaway. Can someone with local knowledge advise where I can park my 4Runner and bike trailer for 3-4 days while we are there? It does not appear that the resort has an outside parking lot.

Thanks

Neil

Did you call the resort and ask?
Looking at the satellite view, there appears to be a spot big enough for 6 cars or so out front.
This is west of the building and you can see a blue pickup parked there.

https://goo.gl/maps/2UNaV7WvMthUm4L69

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho - May 10-12, 2019

Did you call the resort and ask?
Looking at the satellite view, there appears to be a spot big enough for 6 cars or so out front.
This is west of the building and you can see a blue pickup parked there.

https://goo.gl/maps/2UNaV7WvMthUm4L69

Good Day;
Called the resort and was advised that a public parking lot is close by that could accommodate me for a few days.

Regards

Also, the lot just to the east of the resort and along Front Ave has long spaces for vehicles with trailers. I've been in this lot during day-visits to CDA and can verify this. The downside is that it is a pay-lot; not sure if the lot to the west is or not.

Also, the lot just to the east of the resort and along Front Ave has long spaces for vehicles with trailers. I've been in this lot during day-visits to CDA and can verify this. The downside is that it is a pay-lot; not sure if the lot to the west is or not.

I can see the long spaces in those lots.
That may be a more secure place to park.

Edit: The overnight oversize parking is not cheap at that lot.
http://www.cdadowntown.com/parking-lots/

http://www.cdadowntown.com/parking-2/

Not sure where the free East McEuen parking is.

does it get any better?

Looks like excellent weather coming up for the weekend. :thumb
Arrived home last nite just after dark, from the 2019 CDA Getaway.
1st and foremost , a big hats off thank you to all who staged this great event ,to Jackie and all the volunteers

And to Mother nature, wow, 80 degrees in May in N Idaho!!! sweet.
We live just east of Yellowstone NP about 37 miles so on my route to the Getaway , I went thru the park and out the west side.
Yesterday on the way home I came in from the north thru Mammouth and took my time and then exited the east gate where we live. Spring time in the park is pretty awesome. Along with the hundreds of buffalo, I came across a bear within a stones throw,,, well me and 6.2 million others,,,, har, a coyote in a field of snow hunting for a rabbit or other creature, ( that was cool, he stalked on top of the snow and made his leap dive within), saw a cool white/greyish fox just cruizing along the snowbank.
And then did a side trip to view the falls for a mini break to get off the bike. So majestic in the spring.
The ride up to , during, and back was a great spring treat . Thanks again to all who put this together!

Back