• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It started with one job...

sterob

02 R1150RS

In the midst of playing with throttle cables and idle speed, it has progressed on to braided brake lines, removing the ABS, fitting the new Wilbers rear shock and changing the Voltage Regulator to a 145v version.....
I have bits everywhere....lol.

I enquired about a higher voltage Reg a few months ago with my local BMW parts store, and was sent a link.
I ordered it the other day and when I got it I found it was only a stock unit...grrrr, so I have had to send it back.
I will now just add the diode to my original unit and move on. it will take too long for a new one to arrive.
The new Spiegler lines should be here soon, and I can start putting it all back together.

Still not decided on Bowden box location but have options.

I may even see if the Battery can be moved forward, so I can use the space left by the ABS module for a storage area. ( tools ? )

It should be a different bike when I'm finished...lol

Steve

The Bowden box and battery, it seems to me, would be best left in their original locations. The cables and brackets are designed for the original locations. The battery needs to be very well held because of the momentum that could be generated in a collision. I had the ABS space available on my 2004 and I used it for custom controls location (relays, power distribution, etc.). It is not easily accessible space so its use for storage is far from idea. I had the same inclination that it was wasted real estate and ought to be used. I also used a diode on the original VR to raise the system voltage.

Back