• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW F750 and Shoei Neotec 2 Sena SRL Communication System Pairing

dwl911

I found out today from Sena that the new Shoei Neotec 2 SRL Sena 20 communication system will not connect to any other BMW except the BMW R1200RT, BMW K1600GT and the BMW K1600GTL. Sorry to learn this as I just bought a BMW F750GS which would connect with an iPhone and Navigator V but apparently only the Sena 10 will connect with the F750GS and other BMW models. Bummer. So I would not recommend the new SRL System if you want to pair with BMWs other that those listed above. Do not know if Sena has any plans to correct this problem. Only got a "sorry, must get a Sena 10", really ? And I just bought the SRL communicating system for a new Neotec 2 Shoei helmet.

That is not accurate. I have the SRL and a 2018 GSA w/TFT dash. It's all connected. No problems. I can't believe the F750 dash is any different from the R1200GSA's.

I connected the dash to the headset as if it were a phone. I connected the Nav V as a gps. I connected the phone to the dash, NOT the headset. Try it. You have nothing to lose.

FWIW, I've also connected the 20S Evo to the bike. It makes no sense to me that Sena would tell you this. If you need help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTx3sV_TlVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGTfoNyIkX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC367iYWDQY&t=27s

Also, be sure and get the BMW Connected app for your phone.

BMW F750 and Shoei SRL Communication System Pairing

I have downloaded the BMW connect app. I also followed the first video tutorial precisely numerous times. My TFT looks exactly like the tutorial but the TFT continues to tell me I cannot connect with a Neotec 2. Strange it recognizes the helmet as a Neotec 2 communication system and clearly prints this out on the dash, yet it tells me it cannot connect with the unit. Hope you are correct but so far I’ve been unable to get it to work. SENA seems to be aware of this problem or at least the person I talked with at Sena and right away said I must get a Sena 10 and gave me the three motorcycles the TFTs it would connect with. Apparently he left out the GSA model that you have.

The models he referred to are not the ones with the TFT dash but rather the BMW sound system. I can assure you that numerous people with 20S, 30K, and 20S evo units have connected with the TFT dash on various R1200 GSes (and the new SRL which is a 20S). I attended a seminar by an IT guy at Pandora's Eurosports a couple of months ago regarding the TFT dash. He connected various brand headsets to the dash and the Nav VI he had. I use a Nav V.

I am mystified that Sena would insist that only the 10S or other 10 units would work as they are older version technology than the 20 or 30 series units. :banghead One person who provides tech support and sells Sena equipment is Richard Battles of RKA, the author of the videos I attached. He has many more that you may find helpful. Also, you can contact him directly at rkaluggage.com.

Good luck and don't believe everything you're told by tech support.

Again, after numerous attempts at connecting Neotec 2 Communication system to the BMW F750, I am still unable to make a connection. The TFT recognizes the Neotec 2 V1.0.3 system and has a screen saying it is connecting to the Neotec 2 V1.0.3 but shortly another screen appears which states it’s “not possible” to connect to the Neotec 2 v 1.0.3 and the communication systems audio states “unconnected “ also. So the F750 clearly recognizes the presence of the Neotec 2 1.0.3 communication system but won’t connect.

I agree that while the TFTs look similar or the same, the systems apparently do not work the same. When your tutorial was given approximately two months ago, the BMW 750 was not available in the USA, so I am not sure we can correlate your TFT with the F750 TFT although I don’t know why BMW would have changed it because it doesn’t make sense but that’s the way it seems to be. I have a copy of my correspondence with Sena stating the two will not connect and also photographs of the TFT screens stating the same. I can send them by email but I don’t know how to post them on this forum.

So if you find that the BMW F750 TFT will connect with the Neotec 2 System (I also updated the Neotec 2 software) specifically, I would appreciate knowing how it was accomplished but otherwise I have to assume the two will not connect.

Again, after numerous attempts at connecting Neotec 2 Communication system to the BMW F750, I am still unable to make a connection. The TFT recognizes the Neotec 2 V1.0.3 system and has a screen saying it is connecting to the Neotec 2 V1.0.3 but shortly another screen appears which states it’s “not possible” to connect to the Neotec 2 v 1.0.3 and the communication systems audio states “unconnected “ also. So the F750 clearly recognizes the presence of the Neotec 2 1.0.3 communication system but won’t connect.

I agree that while the TFTs look similar or the same, the systems apparently do not work the same. When your tutorial was given approximately two months ago, the BMW 750 was not available in the USA, so I am not sure we can correlate your TFT with the F750 TFT although I don’t know why BMW would have changed it because it doesn’t make sense but that’s the way it seems to be. I have a copy of my correspondence with Sena stating the two will not connect and also photographs of the TFT screens stating the same. I can send them by email but I don’t know how to post them on this forum.

So if you find that the BMW F750 TFT will connect with the Neotec 2 System (I also updated the Neotec 2 software) specifically, I would appreciate knowing how it was accomplished but otherwise I have to assume the two will not connect.

I notice that you connected the dash to the helmet as a phone. This is odd since the dash has provisions for connecting all three. I wonder if I will be able to control all functions with the control wheel such as changing iTunes selections, volume control, navigation functions and use the phone functions as well?

Back