• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mrs. Burnszilla doing a Marathon

burnszilla

My lovely wife Sharon is participating in the Team in Training to raise funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The same program that our own Knary completed.

She asked me to post her letter on the MOA forum which I am always ON.
Supposedly, she said for every BMWMOA member that makes a donation she will offer me a sexual favor. So, I decided it would be a good idea to post her letter here, but I'm not doing it for the sex. I think her determination and commitment to the training is incredible. Honestly, I think the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is the main reason why I'm posting this here. If you can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Click Here to Make a Donation Online

--------------------------------------------
I hope this letter finds you all well. I'm sure you're all wondering why you're getting a group letter from me. It's because I've joined the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program to train for the Mayor's Midnight Run Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska on June 17, 2006. Yes, that's correct ÔÇô a 26.2 mile marathon!

For the past five years I've been working in the Mountain View ÔÇô Whisman School District in Mountain View, California. In 2001, one of our students, Nathan, was losing his battle with leukemia. He rarely was able to come to school that year, as he was sick from disease and ill from the cure. However, I do remember that one important day that he was able to come to school, not for any of his classes of course, he came to say goodbye to his friends. It broke my heart to see a group of kids hanging out with their buddy for the last time, a friend they had know since kindergarten. After his passing, our school dedicated the ballroom in his memory. Sadly, since Nathan's passing I have come to know other children with leukemia or lymphoma but of course I'm hoping and praying that their stories will have happier endings.

Meet Bridget. She's 9 years old and is the youngest of 8 children. Not only was she born with Downs Syndrome, but two years later, developed AML, a form of leukemia. She now attends the 2nd grade and is active in Brownies.
99468122_9f1ee663df.jpg

Meet Walter: He's 8 1/2 years old, and has been in treatment for Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia since he was 5 years old. However, it gives me great pleasure to report that he is in the home stretch of his remaining chemotherapy treatment.
99468123_948b9e1667.jpg

These are just a few of the individuals I have met with leukemia or lymphoma. However, as I contemplated doing this marathon and talked it up with a few friends and colleagues, I quickly realized just how much these diseases hit home with so many people. For example, a friend's mother is battling Hodgkin's disease, a co-worker's mother died of lymphoma, a friend's mother died of leukemia, and the list goes on. These stories solidified the fact that I needed to do something to help. In additional to prayers, I believe that I can raise money to help fight these deadly diseases and to do this I need your help. Please help me raise funds to find cures.

On behalf of all the patients and their families, thank you so much,

Sharon Burns

PS. Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you know who would also be interested in finding cures for these deadly diseases.
Click Here to Make a Donation Online

Last edited:
I wanted to do this program in my area, but my work schedule is making it next to impossible to do. My goal for me is the half marathon in June and then a full in October.

However I am still helping the Teams in Training as I can ;)

burnszilla - whats the fee structure, and which favors do you want? if i contribute, i'd like to think you'd get the "happy ending." ;)

Trust me, all the favors include the happy ending. It wouldn't be a favor then. But I think I'll be cashing in on my favorite favor. :evil I didn't want to put a fee structure on it. I just did it by the number of individual donations. It's not how much you give that's important, it's how many that give. Thanks so much.

Back