• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I have searched and don't see any posts on the use of a smaller lift for the k1200lt.

mslacool

Is the smaller lift sufficient to raise the LT or is a table the only option. Space available makes a table a problem for me but its getting to the point where I might store it outside if its the only option. I am afraid the LT would overwhelm the standard jack for cycles that you can get used for 100 or less and is pretty small.

Paul

Harbor freight is ALWAYS a crap shoot.
My lift **** the bed on the second use and of course was out of the usual 90 day warranty.

The biggest problem with the Harbor Freight lift is the wheel clamp. Unless you have two people to get the bike up and secured on the lift, it presents an opportunity to lose the bike over the side of the tabletop while placing it. PLEASE DAMHIK this. I have used my HF lift for about six years now and like it well enough to keep it - but only after bolting it to the floor and after the wheel clamp was replaced with a drive-on Baxley Sport Chock that cost dang near as much as the lift did. There are cheaper clamps, but since I work alone, the HF lift as delivered did not get it done.

shop leeta on lift 2.jpg

Have three HF lifts with many years of service and no issues. I did add an angle iron extension off the front about a foot for certain models to be able to roll back onto centerstand, Wedge GT's seem to slide back before you can get the stand set and the bike sits too far rearward.
I use a strap instead of the wheel chocks 90% of the time.Depends on what is being done.
Many a LT has resided on them. I rarely have help, so being strictly focused on task at hand has worked for me. I'll roll a bike on/off to be centered if I get close...close may not work! A few more years and I may change that method.

Have used the twin pad small lift a few times, it is in the way for oil changes on a LT, but OK for a front tire change. Seems the headers rest on it more than I care for as well, so try to avoid. I may be thinking of the headers on a Wedge K as well.:scratch

On any lift, a test lift to check stabiity before any height is added is prudent to say the least.

I think the caster wheels are different, Min. height by 1", product length by 12", weight by 45 pounds, lift height by 3.2". But the pictures online look identical.

Okay I bought an unused used HF lift with their wheel chock Fantastic

The lift table is fantastic with the wheel chock added. I would agree that its not the way to go with the LT unless you add the wheel chock. Mine already had it. wunderbar..

Paul

Back