• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

08 K12GT Wheels

Front rim same size, the rear on the S is wider, but will fit. The S uses a 190/50-17 tire, the GT, a 180/55-17

You changing for looks or repair?

The S wheels fit the K1300GT.

IMG_0348-1.JPG

http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=35429

Front rim same size, the rear on the S is wider, but will fit. The S uses a 190/50-17 tire, the GT, a 180/55-17

You changing for looks or repair?

Repair, my front wheel is bent. Found a used wheel from a K12S that is in very good shape. Now I have a mismatch and was thinking of switching to an S rear wheel to avoid the mismatch.

Lee, That looks very nice. Have you noticed any difference in handling/performance since switching or did they come with the bike?

Sorry, that's not my bike. It used to belong to a guy I know in West Virginia.

I found another thread on the I-BMW forum where the owner of a K1200GT put a S rear wheel on his bike. He mentioned there was no clearance problem with the 190 series tire.

It's not a problem, I have done it to two K1200GT's that I have owned.

View attachment 71693

That looks very nice Jim :thumb. Did you have to do anything special with the abs sensor on the front wheel or does the sensor, thrust washers, rotor etc attach the same as the rep rom describes for the stock GT wheel? Should be getting my rear wheel early next week. Can't wait to get back on the road!!

Nope, nothing special. I moved everything from the stock wheels directly over to the S wheels. I did mark everything in relation to the valve stem just in case though, don't know why other than being a little anal.

Here's the second GT I did. This one had low gloss black side panels, wheels, and luggage rack.

20170604_155935 (Medium).jpg

GT Jim, Thanks very much for the information. Not sure if it's the light or angle but the second bike looks even better than the first!

I'm really liking the Corbin (??) saddle on bike 2. That huge bulge in the front part of the saddle is gone.

As a vertically challenged rider I get the sense I could actually get "flat footed" at a stoplight on that bike. Is it an optical illusion?

If I remember correctly the Corbin seat was about half way in between the stock seat low and high position. It is not height adjustable like the stock seat and was slightly wider. If the stock in the low position is a little to high I don't think the Corbin would help you unless they custom made one for your height.

Back