Thread: 2016 RT - Lost Audio Menu Items

2016 RT - Lost Audio Menu Items

My RT has been idle for a few weeks, and upon startup, I find that most of the headings under the AUDIO menus have disappeared. All I can see is "BT Pairing", and cannot see any other menu items.
    I went for a 450km ride yesterday afternoon and all other systems on the bike appear OK.

Any Ideas??

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Did the bike start slow- crank slow?
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Did the bike start slow- crank slow?
    OM
    Yes, the battery was low after standing idle for several weeks, and wonder if the problem was caused by the low voltage.. (I am getting a battery tender)

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
    Yes, the battery was low after standing idle for several weeks, and wonder if the problem was caused by the low voltage.. (I am getting a battery tender)
    Yeah......If the battery is original, it just gave you a reminder. When the voltage is good but the battery is old or at least weak, the starter pull-down of the existing voltage got the computer “confuzzled”.
    Once you have a clean start and stop, I think you will be fine.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by stinkypete View Post
    My RT has been idle for a few weeks, and upon startup, I find that most of the headings under the AUDIO menus have disappeared. All I can see is "BT Pairing", and cannot see any other menu items.
    I went for a 450km ride yesterday afternoon and all other systems on the bike appear OK.

Any Ideas??
    I believe that these items are context sensitive... meaning that if you're moving you can't see some of them that you can see when stopped, etc... Could that be it?
    2016 R1200RT
    2007 KTM 450 XC-W (10/17 - 5/18)
    2005 R1200RT (2/2015 - 12/2016)
    1985 Yamaha XJ 700 Maxim (7/1989 - 9/1991)

Quote Originally Posted by alegerlotz View Post
    I believe that these items are context sensitive... meaning that if you're moving you can't see some of them that you can see when stopped, etc... Could that be it?
    Thans for the suggestions and thoughts. Some menu items are like that, but these are gone, independant of moving or stopped. When I fired the bike up in the shed the next day, when the battery was fully charged, they had not reappeared, so the mystery continues.

I will put this enquiry to bed with an admission that I am an idiot.

I went to see my Beemer dealer today to get their advice. The "BT Pairing" selection on the Audio Menu is the last item on the list, and I had scrolled right to the bottom of the list so all other menu items were invisible. I simply had to scroll up, so perhaps someone else can learn from my relative newbie failure.

No worries. I lost the small function of the info button on the F800GS only to figure out that I needed to be careful where I hung the helmet (strap). The helmet weight had “jammed” the button down changing a few things.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200