• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Revived! 1976 R90/6

guyatou

Here's a short video of my R90/6 idling in the driveway. I picked it up from the previous owner August 17, and did my first quick test ride November 23. I still have a few details to knock out (tag and title), but it seems to be ready to rock.

I'm really excited to stretch its legs after 25 years of storage.

Here's a video of it running. Test drive video coming soon!

And a few photos of the restoration:

IMG_7920.jpg

IMG_8215.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg

Excited to officially join the BMW club!

Who's a proud Daddy then?
Well done, looks museum quality.
I hope you get many enjoyable mikes on her!

Here in the Northeast I had eight inches of snow last week and record breaking low's in the single numbers at night with the daytime peaking out in the low twenties. My 71 R60/5 is now officially parked for the winter.
Starting my day listening to your bike idle was music to my ears.
Beautiful bike. Nice job.

Adirondack Bob

Nice job! It sounds great. And looks great too! :thumb

My R90/6 with a Vetter fairing left me long ago. Gone but not forgotten. :violin

Isn't that the truth. I still think fondly and miss my first BMW, a new R75/7.

Yeah... Miss my R75/5 too. Shoulda kept that one! So much fun to toodle around town with. The R90/6 was my first BMW though and it was a looonng time ago! I think this was in 1982 just after a wee polish.

BMW R90-5.jpg

Thanks everybody! It’s been a fun project. This is my first motorcycle restoration, but I’ve worked on classic cars before.

I still don’t have a tag, so I carefully rode through the neighborhood. Made it about 4 miles. The front brakes are kinda soft, but other than that it is great.

Riding it will take some getting used to, as my old bike was a 1990 Kawasaki 550 inline 4. The BMW has sooo much more torque!

Great job!

Care to share some of the details of the restoration? I'm particularly interested in what techniques or products you used in cleaning the engine /drivetrain, it looks really good. Thanks.

Back