• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from northern western Washington.

angelbikerbabe

Hello,

I’m excited to join the group. I purchased a 2002 K1200RS in August 2018. I’ve wanted a bmw for years, and was finally able to afford one.

Sadly, on September 9th we had an accident. The bike appears to be in better shape than I am. I visited the ER ad I was losing consciousness and my left shoulder hurt. Due to a missed diagnosis I didn’t get surgery until October 12th for a broken shoulder and torn rotator cuff. I’m slowly progressing, and I expect to start PT next week.

I also own a 1971 Triumph T100C p, 500 twin, that I plan to restore.

I was a member of the VME (Vuntage Motorcycle Enthusiasts) in Seattle for many years, and secretary of the board for several years. I’ve loved British vintage cars and bikes since I was a kids as my dad is first owner, from new, of a 1949 MG TC.

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear of your mishap. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery and have the ability to get the bike repaired.
It also sounds like you may be on a first name basis with Lucas, the Prince of Darkness :)
Enjoy the forum
Gary

Welcome from rainy (typical) Issaquah. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and you are able to ride again soon!

Welcome, I'm new to the forum myself, that's sad news about your accident, hope your on the mend soon.
I see your into British vintage, that's pretty awesome, my brother owned a triumph spitfire for a short time but not very practical, but fun, my dad owned a 1965 Austin Healy sprite, I don't remember the car as I was a bit too young but still very cool.

I here the riding is pretty amazing in your neck of the woods, Seattle is on my bucket list..

Back