• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

85 R80RT Horn & fairing grill

LCampbell

I'm having trouble locating the horn on the 85R80RT I'm restoring. Wherever I try to locate it it rubs on the grill. A picture of the one on someone's bike would be helpful.

Attachments

• R80RT010.JPG
    R80RT010.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 62
  • R80RT011.JPG
    R80RT011.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 64
That one you are talking about is the same one that's attached to the horn on my bike. See the curved piece in my picture . And it bolt's to a vertical tab on the cross tube of the frame.

Larry Campbell

I couldn't tell from the picture angle, etc., just how much bend was there. Your bracket doesn't look like the one on the fiche but that doesn't really mean anything I suppose.

A different bike, but on my R69S I have to remove the horn in order to get the front cover off. Maybe you can take the straight bracket that the horn bolts to and put a small "z-bend" in it to move the horn closer to the front cover.

Back