Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New guy

  1. #1

    New guy

    Hi folks new to the owners club, I live In Minnesota, so about done riding for the season, looking forward to meeting some new people,and making some new friends, roll on spring.

  2. #2
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,816
    Welcome to the forum

    What's your current bike (s)?

    And your username from the train or the cyclist...or neither?
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and club tire changer

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lansing, Kansas
    Posts
    547
    Welcome to the forum!
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

  4. #4
    My user name is from the train, i was born and raised in scotland.got to ride on it when i was a kid.
    Im currently riding a 2018 gtl.

  5. #5
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,816
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingscotsman1965 View Post
    My user name is from the train, i was born and raised in scotland.got to ride on it when i was a kid.
    Im currently riding a 2018 gtl.
    That's a cool thing to have been on that train
    Flying_Scotsman_in_Doncaster.JPG.jpeg
    A 2003 pic of it

    Nice bike too
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and club tire changer

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  6. #6
    Yeah it a pretty cool train, it has been all restored from the ground up, and did a tour this year in the UK.
    To bad they don't make stuff like that anymore.

  7. #7
    Are there any members around the st cloud mn area or close to it.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    211
    Welcome to the BMW MOA Club!
    We have a great local club here in MN, MOA Charter #49 and RA Charter #26
    Most of our events are in the Twin Cities Metro. If you joined you would be the only member from St. Cloud but maybe you could start a trend and get a few more BMW riders from there to join and ride down for some of the meetings. We have a great Rally the weekend following Memorial Day at the Money Creek Campground near Houston MN. Club members and non members are all welcome.
    Our website is https://www.bmwmocm.com
    Some of it is for members only but there is plenty for you to get an idea before deciding to joining.
    We do meet once a year at Moon Motorsports in Monticello.
    Steve Handeland
    President BMWMOCM

  9. #9
    IBA# 5819 61996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    3,775
    Howdy from Apple Valley!
    Maybe catch you on the road sometime.

    Joe
    “Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shandeland View Post
    Welcome to the BMW MOA Club!
    We have a great local club here in MN, MOA Charter #49 and RA Charter #26
    Most of our events are in the Twin Cities Metro. If you joined you would be the only member from St. Cloud but maybe you could start a trend and get a few more BMW riders from there to join and ride down for some of the meetings. We have a great Rally the weekend following Memorial Day at the Money Creek Campground near Houston MN. Club members and non members are all welcome.
    Our website is https://www.bmwmocm.com
    Some of it is for members only but there is plenty for you to get an idea before deciding to joining.
    We do meet once a year at Moon Motorsports in Monticello.
    Steve Handeland
    President BMWMOCM
    Hi steve
    thank you for the welcome, i did take a look at your website earlier in the year, looks like a fun crew, how does one go about joining your club?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by 61996 View Post
    Howdy from Apple Valley!
    Maybe catch you on the road sometime.

    Joe
    Thanks Joe, hope to see a few of you guys around once the snow melts

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingscotsman1965 View Post
    Hi steve
    thank you for the welcome, i did take a look at your website earlier in the year, looks like a fun crew, how does one go about joining your club?
    go to the website here https://bmwmocm.clubexpress.com/cont...club_id=285381 I think that will work or just go to the main page and click on Member Sign up. You will go through a few steps and become a prospect. Then the Vice President or I will approve your membership and you will get a link to pay with a card. Or you can send me a check, but the card is way easier.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by shandeland View Post
    go to the website here https://bmwmocm.clubexpress.com/cont...club_id=285381 I think that will work or just go to the main page and click on Member Sign up. You will go through a few steps and become a prospect. Then the Vice President or I will approve your membership and you will get a link to pay with a card. Or you can send me a check, but the card is way easier.
    Thank you I will look into that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •