Thread: ‘04 1150 RT-P Fog Light Help

‘04 1150 RT-P Fog Light Help

My left Fog Light is out on my RT-P and need to get access to it to change it.

I can’t access the plug or connectors so I know I need to take off the body panels. It appears I also need to remove the front fairing to access the area of the fog light connections. The question is what’s the sequence/process to get to the fog light.

fog lights

Quote Originally Posted by jcabiles View Post
    My left Fog Light is out on my RT-P and need to get access to it to change it.

I can’t access the plug or connectors so I know I need to take off the body panels. It appears I also need to remove the front fairing to access the area of the fog light connections. The question is what’s the sequence/process to get to the fog light.
    They're easily accessed just by removing the panels. In your case, just remove the left panel and it's right there.

RPGR90s

Quote Originally Posted by RPGR90s View Post
    They're easily accessed just by removing the panels. In your case, just remove the left panel and it's right there.

RPGR90s
    That may work for a regular RT, but on an RT-P, you still can’t get access to the light.
    Last edited by jcabiles; 11-25-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Finally got to it.

There was a speaker housing that was blocking access to the fog light, and of course the mounting bolts were hidden.

Removed the wind screen and also the dash panel. Once those were removed there were three bolts holding the speaker housing. Once that was removed I could get my hands up into the round rubber cover and finally the clips that held the light bulb.

Light bulb is on order.

And I’m leaving out the speaker housing since it isn’t hooked up to any police radio gear, and if I have to gain access to the fog light I just need to remove the side panels.