• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dealers blowing out Schuberth C4, new generation around the corner?

The sales I've seen were only on certain colors that were being discontinued.

Colors

It is specific graphic helmets only. Some of them are kind of crazy looking. I picked one up off Revzilla a couple weeks back. I went with a more conservative graphic that matches the bike pretty good.

Crazy

It is specific graphic helmets only. Some of them are kind of crazy looking. I picked one up off Revzilla a couple weeks back. I went with a more conservative graphic that matches the bike pretty good.

047F9FE0-245D-4F7B-B3E6-6973CF821CF9.jpeg8D0991B2-681B-490A-AFB3-E3F6D8FD1714.jpeg

Kind of crazy looking I resemble that remark
I see that big C4 on the side if I crash and hit my head it won’t explode right?

I bought the C4 pulse.

I like the silver pulse.
When we bought our silver C4s at the first of the year I was too cheap to pay the extra $100 for the graphics.
Now the pulse is $100 cheaper than what we paid for the straight silver.
I see Revzilla has the Pulse for $550.

Helmet

I like the silver pulse.
When we bought our silver C4s at the first of the year I was too cheap to pay the extra $100 for the graphics.
Now the pulse is $100 cheaper than what we paid for the straight silver.
I see Revzilla has the Pulse for $550.

Yup, that is what I paid for this one. Bought the Sena SC1 intercom system. It is pretty slick the way it fits into the helmet. Now if I could just go for a ride. Damn IA weather!

Yup, that is what I paid for this one. Bought the Sena SC1 intercom system. It is pretty slick the way it fits into the helmet. Now if I could just go for a ride. Damn IA weather!
I bought one too and after 8 months the SC1A failed and the helmet gets repair 3 times. First and last Schuberth for me, going to Shoei Neotec II next helmet.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

So what’s wrong with the c4

Close out sale on c4 must be a problem ?
Check out revzilla , looking for info !

Close out sale on c4 must be a problem ?
Check out revzilla , looking for info !

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's a great helmet. I'd own one but found out with help from the Schuberth folks at the SLC rally last year that the C4 was too close in the chin area for me, and the E1 fit me like a glove. So, I bought a new E1 through my BMW dealer this last spring BUT don't regret buying it then at all, in spite of the price difference between then and now-- it was a great helmet to wear for the rides I took this year to Tuktoyaktuk and throughout the former Yugoslavia.

What IS wrong is that sales of high-dollar MC accessories are slowing and there are dealers and wholesalers looking to clear out current year inventory before it ages out, and to reduce overall inventory to an appropriate level for the sales volumes they are seeing.

IMHO, of course.

Best,

DG

Helmet Comn

For the Schuberth C4 what problems or good stuff with Schuberth ( sena ) SC1 Advanced or the standard SC1? Reviews all over the place, so asking smart people.

For the Schuberth C4 what problems or good stuff with Schuberth ( sena ) SC1 Advanced or the standard SC1? Reviews all over the place, so asking smart people.

I'm very happy with the C4 because of the comfortable fit.
Fit will be different for everyone.

I like how the SC1A is built into the helmet without anything stuck to the outside.
At first the volume was too low for both of us, but this was fixed by changing the firmware back to the original 1.0.
One problem we still have is the intercom will disconnect on long rides.
When this happens we can not reconnect useless we shut off the SC1A, turn back on, then connect.

Talked to Schuberth on Wednesday and they want to test the helmets and SC1A units.
They sent me a shipping label and I will mail them when I find a large enough box.

It's winter so we don't need them now.

The Tech told me Schuberth has a new SC2 intercom but it will not be available in the States until spring.
Same delivery estimate for the C4 Pro.

If someone buys a C4 now I would be temped to wait for the new SC2 intercom.
The SC2 is supposed to fit the C4.

Info

Thanks for info Lee it’s obvious something is wrong with comn system for the C4 so can wait longer for that, but $350 to $400 for the C4 I have to make up my mind which one I want before they are cleared out. I don’t know if they are the best helmets out their but when people argue what’s best they are in the mix. I don’t think there’s a better $350 to $400 helmet at this point in time IMHO.

The difference between C4 and C4PRO is C4PRO is carbon fiber she'll so it is lighter. For quiet/noise it is almost equivalent with cheap Zox Nevado helmet, the problem I had with my helmet were: chin piece (vent tab) rattles when open, fell off on 4 days ride trip, chin padding thread separated and foam started to come out.
SC1 and SC1A is A is capable of sharing music with your pillion, the problem I had with are, battery compartment was lose so everytime you tap the helmet the com would shut off, the com socket is also did not assembled properly, the contact also lose.
There are few ways to pair the com, phone, NAV and bike I found, the first 2 worked well until I tried the 3 way and within a week or 2 it dies or internally shorted while on a trip.
The bad and the ugly is poor quality control, unable to share music with other Sena may be with another SC1A, the best is the high price of both products and phone call now is a lot better, no statics like 20S.

Just my opinion and 8 months of use, now I have to justify to misses for acquiring Shoei NeotecII with SRL.

Tony

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Back