• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Camping at Lebanon?

Camping on the way

Just saw this, camping at the Williamson County Fairgrounds, located on the east side of Marion, Illinois which is located on interstate 57 and Illinois Route 13.
Marion 3 hour and 14 minutes ( 222 miles) by I slab or a great starting point for a one day ride to the rally that avoids Nashville.

32B4931D-E637-49AB-9C74-9D406308FE18.png

I talked to Fair Broard President ( friend and my scuba instructor) the facility has showers, flush toilets, covered areas for both bike and tent, water electric. RV sites also 30 to 60 amp hookups water and dump station. Within walking distance Liquor Store and a very good barbecue joint. A short drive from the site a very good old time style grocery store ( go to deli counter they will make you sandwiches while you wait very good ones not expensive) also Marion usually the the best area to find inexpensive premium gas.
A special MOA rate will be setup $10 a bike a night for tent camping.
I will ride down tomorrow ( 4/20/2019 ) and look at site and take some pictures

Last edited:
Anything valuable that I have with me can easily be locked in a pannier or top box. Everything else in the tent - except the boots - they need a few hours out in the sun to sanitize if you know what I mean. :hungover

Seen a few comments now both in here and other threads hinting that there might be a problem with security and tents.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need to repack everything and lock boxes onto the bike each day I'm out and about the rally?

YES! Those Tennessee Hillbillies will rob you blind. Everyone knows that all people in the South are barefoot, illiterate, marry their cousin (or sibling), and steal their neighbors chickens. :) Be very careful.

Vance - Thanks for all the info on camping. Do you know if the fairgrounds allow K9s in the Camping area ? We would consider changing to onsite if me wife can have the doggies with us.

A Tennessee campground not allowing dogs... would be like finding a restaurant in the south without grits or gravy n' biscuits!

Manage those puppies and your good.

Only Service Animals are allowed in the Fairground Buildings, and must be properly identified.

"travel'n" john

Sounds like camping at the fairground might be a dicy affair. Looking for other venues.

Safe camping

Don’t think you will get much safer camping area. While you get setup you will meet other nearby campers and get to know each other, people will notice if someone walks away with stuff. We will all have arm bands fairly visible. Also people are friendly it’s hard to steal stuff if people keep stopping and talking to you. Also lots of stuff going on so not likely that everyone or most of the people will be gone at any one time.
Last at the Des Moines rally I know they had some theft problems at some of the motels but did not hear of any problems among the campers.

Sounds like camping at the fairground might be a dicy affair. Looking for other venues.

On the contrary, it is much more likely that misplaced objects of value would be turned in at the lost and found. I set my iPhone down at a vendor booth once and walked away without it...only to have the vendor track me down and return it. And having lost my dog's leash and favorite toy at the Sedalia rally, those items appeared in my home mailbox a week later. I've personally never heard of anything being stolen at a rally, though we all take reasonable precautions.

Back