• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping at Lebanon?

Steve,

Those tapes are often seen around "For Rent" signs in many Northeast college towns.

Friedle

Shipping tent ahead of time

I am thinking of shipping my tent down ahead of time. That way I have room for other important things like clothes and maybe even my spouse. Does anyone know if there MOA has a pick up address for pre-shipped stuff like this?

Thanks
Hal

I am thinking of shipping my tent down ahead of time. That way I have room for other important things like clothes and maybe even my spouse. Does anyone know if there MOA has a pick up address for pre-shipped stuff like this?

Thanks
Hal
Welcome to the forum Hal

Yes, if the address is not available now, it will be.
You can also ship stuff from the rally site.
I'll check the FAQ section to see if the address is listed.

Edit: Found the info.

Can I ship items to the Rally?

You may ship items to the rally, but please do NOT ship any packages to arrive before Monday, June 10. ALL items should be addressed as follows:

Your Name / Cell Phone #
c/o BMW MOA
James E Ward Ag Center
945 E Baddour Pkwy
Lebanon, TN 37087

Where do I pick up items shipped to the Rally?

Receiving Will Be Located In the Turner Evans Building. The building will be open Monday, June 10, to Saturday June 15 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Will it be possible to ship items home from the Rally?

Yes, an on-site shipping service will be available once the rally opens through Sunday morning.

Shade: When the sun sets we get shade. So much effort seems to go into daytime shade. I try to enjoy the rally outside of my tent during daylight and have little need for daytime shade.

Shade

Shade: When the sun sets we get shade. So much effort seems to go into daytime shade. I try to enjoy the rally outside of my tent during daylight and have little need for daytime shade.

The sun sets around 8:30 during the rally that’s pretty late for the old folks to be staying up:)

I try to enjoy the rally outside of my tent during daylight and have little need for daytime shade.

When you're wondering around the grounds it's nice to have shade.
You're welcome to stand out in the hot sun but I like shade :)

You must not have spent much time in the South, eh?

Tennessee seems to me to have lots of speed zones designed to collect revenue, a state park 10 miles from town, I would drive carefully and watch for speed limit changes at the bottom of hills, after curves etc.

Eh, it's not that bad, IMO. Most of the area in Wilson Co is clearly marked & so forth. The lowest speed limit I'm aware of is something like 40mph with the possible exception of the town square. Wilson Co cops are usually pretty laid back, IMO. Unless of course one acts like a yankee jackass............ :dance

Seen a few comments now both in here and other threads hinting that there might be a problem with security and tents.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need to repack everything and lock boxes onto the bike each day I'm out and about the rally?

Not necessarily. Just use common sense. Don't leave gold coins or your Rolex sitting outside your tent while you are gone. If really worried about security and theft, you can always get a hotel room. YMMV :dunno

Friedle

Seen a few comments now both in here and other threads hinting that there might be a problem with security and tents.

Any thoughts on this? Do I need to repack everything and lock boxes onto the bike each day I'm out and about the rally?

Welcome to the forum:wave

I never think twice at a rally site with securing stuff. After setting up, meet your neighbors and in no time at all a local security team in place. I think it's a rare occurence if ever to have issues. Now, if you leave your cash,phone, or pop-tarts sitting out in the wide open...well...can't save the pop -tarts if someones hungry.

Not necessarily. Just use common sense. Don't leave gold coins or your Rolex sitting outside your tent while you are gone. If really worried about security and theft, you can always get a hotel room. YMMV :dunno

Friedle

I feel safer leaving stuff in my tent:dance

Welcome to the forum.
We have never worried about theft in the camping area of a National or local rally.

It is a rare occurrence that anything gets lifted at most any BMW rally.
Most of the time if something disappears it isn't by fellow riders but by outsiders who somehow make themselves at home at the rally site.
Just some common sense goes a long way in preventing theft. Just lock up your valuables or carry them with you. YMMV

Back