Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Yellowed Tank Bag

  1. #16
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,825
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Voni pulls up beside me and announces, "Two GPSs and a map and you still get lost".
    Helen has made helpful comments to several of us at times with same issue.
    Years back, trying to get on the BRP in Asheville...five of us in front of her turned on a private road and it ended on a uphill narrow patch
    I got to turn her bike around which got me out of trouble

    On the way to DesMoines, four of us made several stops and u-turns trying to find a familiar hotel in Arkansas. I got out-voted by my senior travel partners on direction as we came into town from a different direction from normal...after five re-routes we found it. Hotel was not on GPS anymore which compounded issue. Our ride leader kept walking over looking at my map and shrugging his shoulders as we both seemed to be lost
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and club tire changer

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  2. #17
    Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    768
    My customers were always amazed that I had a chart onboard as I also had a GPS. The paper backup never fails when the power goes out.
    Anyway any Marine canvas shop can easily replace the plastic window on any tank-bag. If you're handy you can sow it yourself, but frankly seeing how fast the seamsters are I'd gladly pay them to fix my stuff..
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDERR1150GSADV View Post
    My customers were always amazed that I had a chart onboard as I also had a GPS. The paper backup never fails when the power goes out.
    Anyway any Marine canvas shop can easily replace the plastic window on any tank-bag. If you're handy you can sow it yourself, but frankly seeing how fast the seamsters are I'd gladly pay them to fix my stuff..
    Do you know where I could find a "marine canvas shop" in the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

  4. #19
    '99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Do you know where I could find a "marine canvas shop" in the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert?
    At the local mirage???

    Always helpful Friedle
    Ride fast safely

  5. #20
    Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Do you know where I could find a "marine canvas shop" in the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert?
    You’re a miracle worker so I’m sure you’ll figure it out...
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

  6. #21

    Tank Bag

    I agree with everyone's comments on the need for backup maps. I was following the directions of the GPS to a state park in our RV. The GPS told me to turn in 400 feet. It took me to a farmer's field a fence away from the state park. Close but no dice. From then on, I always have a map with me. Now folks, can anyone recommend a good tank bag for a 2018 R 1200 GSA?

  7. #22
    Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hpyrider View Post
    I agree with everyone's comments on the need for backup maps. I was following the directions of the GPS to a state park in our RV. The GPS told me to turn in 400 feet. It took me to a farmer's field a fence away from the state park. Close but no dice. From then on, I always have a map with me. Now folks, can anyone recommend a good tank bag for a 2018 R 1200 GSA?
    I use an SW Motech on my GS. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...vo-gs-tank-bag
    Twisted Throttle has them as well..
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ft Atkinson Wisc
    Posts
    153

    Canvas repair

    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Do you know where I could find a "marine canvas shop" in the middle of the Chihuahuan Desert?
    Six and a half hours away; http://www.bartlettsails.com/

  9. #24
    not so retired henzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    CENTEX USA
    Posts
    9,825
    Quote Originally Posted by franko View Post
    Six and a half hours away; http://www.bartlettsails.com/
    Hey, that's my sail repair guy from days gone by
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and club tire changer

    Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

  10. #25
    I usually travel with a friend and we often have our wives with. We both run a Garmin GPS, plus the one on the bike. Plus we all have smart phones and I usually carry a laptop. So that makes 4 GPS, and maps on five electronic devices. We still get lost! Well, never lost, just exploring!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 10:52 AM
  2. SW Motech Tank Lock Tank Bag System
    By BC1100S in forum Oilheads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM
  3. Yellowed tank bag window
    By bmwdean in forum Gear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 01:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •