• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airhead on Law & Order

bluehole

I was watching an episode of Law & Order the other day and the District Attorney, Jack McCoy, appears to be riding an R100RS. I have seen a fair amount of Law & Order, but never picked up on this until the other day. This was an older episode filmed around 2002 or 2003. Can anyone verify this? I am not positive on the model.

I remember seeing one scene showing him getting on or off an Airhead. I do not remember it as an RS. There were a few other scenes in which he carried an open face helmet as he was arriving at or departing from work.

I don't know the model either, but he did ride an airhead.

Attachments

• McCoyonbike.jpg
    McCoyonbike.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 187
I was watching an episode of Law & Order the other day and the District Attorney, Jack McCoy, appears to be riding an R100RS. I have seen a fair amount of Law & Order, but never picked up on this until the other day. This was an older episode filmed around 2002 or 2003. Can anyone verify this? I am not positive on the model.
That was Law & Order - Season 14, Episode 1 (Bodies) from 2003-09-24.

Here's another shot of the bike from the back. Just put in the link because it is a Getty Images shot and I have no interest in paying those SOBs $475 for a copy of one picture (and believe me, they check and get their legal people after you - don't ask how I know).
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Sam+Waterston+motorcycle&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxg77Q2szeAhVGylMKHbemBh8Q_AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=723#imgrc=a-RXeQkuedlNaM:

Anyway, I do believe that may be his own personal bike, as I recall he owns and rides a BMW.

If anyone wants to look for specific BMW models in movies, TV, etc., you can search here: https://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-BMW.html

The character "Delphine" rode this R90S in Atomic Blonde.

e702bec0a5d60ecfeec33c1cbff4c588.png

Well, at least she sat on it.

Atomic-Blonde5.jpg

Alan, that is it. That is the episode I saw. Looks like you and Tony found images from that episode. Thanks.

Back