Thread: Heated gear 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bjkenny

Heated gear 2018

I am looking to get some new heated gear and in these times of fast changing technology I am clueless. My old equipment from tour Master was bulky, uncomfortable and with the wired controller not always easy to manage.
    I live in the Pacific NW so I am not facing the extremes of temperature. Mountain passes and extended damp chilly rain are about the worst things I face.

With that said, I am looking for jacket and pant liners that use battery/plug power to supply heat, rather than bulky fabrics that are intended to keep you warm i.e. the Tour Master line. Their early design seemed redundant.
    Additionally I like the thought of the remote controller as way of cutting down on wiring, or am I misunderstanding the use of "Remote"
    So fellow Forum members in 2018, what is the state of heated gear? Any suggestions, considerations or experience would be very helpful, and appreciated.
    From the moderately cold, but damp NW
    Brian Kenny
    Last edited by bjkennyp; 11-09-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Typos

I agree with you about the term remote controller being an abuse of the term remote. My Tourmaster is fine but bulky it is and the remote isn't exactly discrete.
    When it fails or if I get fed up and sell the Tourmaster, this is what I'm going with: https://www.ventureheat.com/motorcycle-heated-gear.html
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Hot Stuff

I am satisfied with heated stuff from Aerostich have one old unobtainum vest and a newer Kanetsu Airvantage vest with zip on sleeves both have power cord with lighted push button on off switch, if they get to hot turn off for a bit, both work great. Both cheap, both looked unused, off eBay less than $150 airvantage one, less than $100 for unobtainum one. Keep lookout on marketplace on this forum and eBay people either really like them or donít like them, ones that donít like seem to sell cheap.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    There are quite a few threads on heated gear- Here is one on repair that may interest you.
    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...ng-heated-gear
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Warm N Safe. https://www.warmnsafe.com

Buy it once, trade up when a new model comes available, superb customer service, and a full range of controller configurations to fit your needs.

No vested interest, just a satisfied customer for over a decade...

Best,
    DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST ó 1984 R80 G/S PD ó 1993 R100GS ó 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C ó 2010 K1300GT
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

Yuup Warm-n-Safe works for me. Light weight not bulky at all and works as advertised. The Dual remote controller is great no wires to the jacket except the one to the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    I agree with you about the term remote controller being an abuse of the term remote. My Tourmaster is fine but bulky it is and the remote isn't exactly discrete.
    When it fails or if I get fed up and sell the Tourmaster, this is what I'm going with: https://www.ventureheat.com/motorcycle-heated-gear.html
    +1 on the venture heat. I bought a discontinued model on amazon for $65. Very happy with it.