• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 1250 RS, R and GSA Announced Today

colors

I see the colors for the R are white, brown and green. It has been quite a long time since brown or green have been on a street only bike.:brad

The TFT display will be standard on all three.
LED headlights are standard on the RS and GSA.

Apparently not all Lee. I really like the new TFT display but two new 2019 R1250RT's on my dealers floor have the same analog instruments as the 2018 1200 RT's sitting on the floor. Salesman said he did not know why. All the new 2019 1250 GS's have the new TFT display just as the late 2018 GS 1200's did. :dunno

The TFT display will be standard on all three.
LED headlights are standard on the RS and GSA.

Apparently not all Lee. I really like the new TFT display but two new 2019 R1250RT's on my dealers floor have the same analog instruments as the 2018 1200 RT's sitting on the floor. Salesman said he did not know why. All the new 2019 1250 GS's have the new TFT display just as the late 2018 GS 1200's did. :dunno

When I said all three I meant the RS, R, and GSA that were announced in post #1.

I really like the new TFT display but two new 2019 R1250RT's on my dealers floor have the same analog instruments as the 2018 1200 RT's sitting on the floor. Salesman said he did not know why.

My guess the RT will get the TFT when it gets a new fairing in a year or two.
A restyled RT is only a guess on my part.

Members on the RS forum who ordered and paid a deposit for a 2019 R1250 RS were originally told the bikes would arrive in March or April.
This week they have been getting calls and emails informing them the RS will not arrive until September.
The GS is already at dealers.

I would hope all of those with R1250RS pre-orders cancel them and give BMW a collective middle finger. By September, we will be looking at 2020 year models.

I would hope all of those with R1250RS pre-orders cancel them and give BMW a collective middle finger. By September, we will be looking at 2020 year models.

Sounded like a lot were canceling.

With the delay of availability of the R1250RS, there might be a shortage of new R1200RS available this year.

I just cruised MAX BMW web site. He had a host of 2018 R1200GS and RT new on his site with "Reply for Quote" Discount flags on each. He had only one 2018 R1200RS for what seems to be list price! No "Reply for Quote" Discount offered.

With the delay of availability of the R1250RS, there might be a shortage of new R1200RS available this year.

Cycle Trader shows around 60 new R1200RSs and I would not be surprised if there's still some sitting in the warehouse.

Members on the RS forum who ordered and paid a deposit for a 2019 R1250 RS were originally told the bikes would arrive in March or April.
This week they have been getting calls and emails informing them the RS will not arrive until September.
The GS is already at dealers.

That is a bummer!

Back