• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2016 RT - Sena 20s Evo

I installed the following system on my 2018 R1200RT-LC:
I installed a MotoChello Speaker Bridge, which lets you select if the audio from the radio goes to the speakers or to an audio cable. I have this cable connected to a Sena SM10, which connects by Bluetooth to my Sena 20S.
The Sena SM10 can connect to 2 different Sena Bluetooth headsets at the same time.
My GPS Navigator 6 connects, as a phone, directly to my Sena 20S. I have my phone connected to the Nav 6 by Bluetooth.
It has priority over the SM10, which means that the GPS will over ride the signal from the SM10.
If you use a SR10 for your CB radio, it will have priority over the SM10. But the GPS will have top priority.
You can pair up your phone instead of the GPS, if you have no need for directions from the GPS.
And of course if you don't need either GPS directions or a phone linkup, your SR10 will be top priority over your music (SM10).
Another benefit of using the Speaker Bridge, is that I can control the volume of the radio with the WonderWheel and I can get full stereo sound.
The Bluetooth software/hardware installed on the bike is a older version, that doesn't transmit good sound.
Let me know if you need more info.

Bernie,

I own a 2016 RTW, and have a Shoei Neotec II with Sena SRL2.
Do your comments apply equally to an SRL2, as opposed to your 20S?
I care about Bluetooth to the phone and Nav, but not about the radio (SRL2 has a better radio built-in IMHO)

Andres

Bernie,

I own a 2016 RTW, and have a Shoei Neotec II with Sena SRL2.
Do your comments apply equally to an SRL2, as opposed to your 20S?
I care about Bluetooth to the phone and Nav, but not about the radio (SRL2 has a better radio built-in IMHO)

Andres

You could use the same setup, that I use, IF you want to listen to music from the BMW Radio.
But, if you want to listen to music from another source, like phone or from the Sena Headset (FM), then don‘t waste the Mooney on the MotoChello speaker bridge.
You can easily create a Bluetooth connection between the GPS Nav6 and your SRL2 or Sena 20S and at the same time have a second connection with your phone.
Richard at RKA.com just released a updated video on how to connect the Sena units to the BMW bike and to the phones. Just search his website, I don‘t have the link at this moment.

I spent some time with my local BMW and Sena dealer this afternoon, working to see if we could properly pair two Sena 20s Evo units with my BMW motorcycle. The BMW R1200RT bluetooth/audio capability would clearly only allow one Sena device to be paired, which was a disappointing outcome. I won't be buying a Sena, and the fact that the Sena 20s Evo is not waterproof was a second reason not to buy.

Thanks to all for your input.

I think a lot of people here do not realize the function of the 20S called music sharing. You can only connect 1 person to the bike audio...but that person can share the music wit the passenger. Therefor you are both listening to the bike audio at the same time. Read the sena manual about music sharing.

Ron

You could use the same setup, that I use, IF you want to listen to music from the BMW Radio.
But, if you want to listen to music from another source, like phone or from the Sena Headset (FM), then don‘t waste the Mooney on the MotoChello speaker bridge.
You can easily create a Bluetooth connection between the GPS Nav6 and your SRL2 or Sena 20S and at the same time have a second connection with your phone.
Richard at RKA.com just released a updated video on how to connect the Sena units to the BMW bike and to the phones. Just search his website, I don‘t have the link at this moment.

Ok, thanks kindly for your response.

I don't use the BMW Radio, but I have the Nav IV and have configured Sena to phone and Sena to Nav.
Wonder if the earlier Nav has an inferior Bluetooth as it doesn't always work, or one forces the other to drop.
Just need to finangle the configuration a little.

Thanks for your time and attention.
Andres

Played with this some. I have Sena SRL and Sena 30K. You can make things work with the Sena headsets and the BMW bike several different ways with different trade offs. One thing to note is you can only pair one Sena headset with the bike. The second headset option on the bike is disabled unless you use BMW hardware. For the SRL this worked for me.
1. Clear paired headset info from bike and GPS(I have NAV V GPS)
2. Factory Reset headset
3. Clear Bluetooth connections related to bike gps and headset from phone(I have iPhone X)
4. Pair phone 1 on Sena Srl to motorcycle through audio menus on Sena and wonder wheel on motorcycle.
5. Pair GPS to Sena SRL phone selective pairing.
6. Pair GPS to phone.
Notes: as soon as SRL is paired to bike in step 4 bike audio can be heard through headset(loudspeaker must be off to push music through headset)

When phone is paired to GPS all gps connection indicators should be on(data, music, phone, headset). Phone pairing last will turn on the last three...before phone is paired only headset is illuminated. Media on GPS is disabled. Media bypasses gps, but you get media from the bike. You need the media part linked to hear phone through gps and to talk.

Richard Battles has great YouTube video showing how to do everything above. I followed his steps, but had to change order to get it to work for me on the GPS pairing part.

As for partner or second headset....they can pair headset to their phone and have their own media or media can be shared from drivers headset. Second headset pair to different phone and link to first headset works for me.

Again if you want to learn to talk Sena....Richard Battles YouTube video How to: Connect a SENA headset to your BMW, NAV V, & SmartPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back