• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Southwest Chicago area twisty roads ?

jrmull

Hi, Are there suggestions for roads in the Chicago area you enjoy riding?

Bluff road in Lemont (southwest Chicago) is short but enjoyable. Best to go from Lemont rd to Rt 53 west direction. Another is Argonne Lab park area.

I see articles about highway 71 from Rockford to Ottawa. Starve Rock is a definite winner. Mississippi road and southern Illinois are some day trips, if I get down there.

I am looking for places for short cruising. Thanks

Non-Curvy Non-Twisty Roads

Can’t help you much on twisty roads but want to exceed speed limit :)

6104A7BF-0A70-4D03-A966-585044882DE3.png

South of Illinois 17 east of Limestone take S 7000 or S 12000 from Rt. 17 take either road and head south easy to spot people who might disapprove with crops out you can see for miles.
Also some nice roads Kankakee river area

Both sides of Kankakee river are good ideas. I've been down those over the years in car trips and once in a canoe. Thanks for reminding me.

Highway 17 looks like a nice straight away.

Highway 61, head south to the delta country. May not be to twisty, but got to be better than southwest Chicago. :)

Friedle

Both sides of the Illinois River between I-80 and Peoria (and further) are nice with a few interesting side roads along the way.

Both sides of the Illinois River between I-80 and Peoria (and further) are nice with a few interesting side roads along the way.

Thank you for this suggestion. It would make for a nice Saturday ride. 2 hours each way and plenty of time in the middle of the day to putter around.

Back